Mounting my amp

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 409
I want to mount my amp on my box but i dont want the amp to mess up. whats the best way to mount my amp on the box?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10425
BEST way would be not to, but..........

Put some kind of shock-absorbent material between the mounts between the amp and box. I've read the rubber from a bicycle inner tube works. Any kind of soft absorbent material will help. Maybe some very thick soft rubber washers between the amp and box?

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 410
Ok man thanks i might just build a little amp rack and has it look like its mounted on there like in the front but its not actually on the subwoofer box.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 933
If your box is well built, then it should be sturdy enough to not really even shake. Canaan's install has 2 DD 3515s on 2krms and his amp is right on the box. The outside does not shake at all. But just incase, you might just want to put another layer of mdf on the area of the box that you are mounting your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3601
It isn't the vibration from the soundwaves that kills the amps it is box flex. Add an extra piece or two of mdf under the amp or add squares under each mounting hole instead of having the whole amp against it, this will work. One of my other hobbies was R/C helis and vibrations use to cut through wires so I know a little about vibration, balance. Adding an elastomer doesn't eliminate vibration but moves it up/down the scale at which it will occur, could be worse than what you had. Either way you cannot get away from airborn waveform and once it hits the amp will vibrate it on its own, just keep it away from the flexing wood...Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5227
I have all 4 of my mono amps mounted on my box and I can't feel any vibration through the box with my hand so they're safe.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3602
"I have all 4 of my mono amps mounted on my box and I can't feel any vibration through the box with my hand so they're safe"

lOl they probably stiffen the box up! I had my Fisher customs box purposely built so I can mount my Z1a to the back, so take that to the bank!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us