Oppinions - A3000DB @ 4 ohms or NINe.1 @ 1 ohm. 2 MAW 12s.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 730
So I can get them for about the same price probably. Maybe a little more for the A3000DB. Car is a Geo Tracker, I'm gonna do the Big 3, but stock alt. and that won't be changing. Which would you pick?

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
bump. cmon, someone's gotta have an opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1912
Go with the Nine.1. It is a lil underrated and will do great. If you plan on upgrading in power then I would probably go with the a3000db. But no use in having that big of an amp and running it at 4 ohms if you dont plan on upgrading.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1913
Oh, BTW. I tried to PM you but it said that you deleted your account....

Silver Member

Post Number: 733
Yeah I've noticed that. Whenever I try PMing people it says that too. I'm thinking of upgrading when I get a bigger vehicle. Might be buying my Mom's Grand Cherokee Ltd. in a few years, so I could run a pair of MAW 15s (@ 2 ohms), a couple of Mags maybe, idk.
If you were trying to PM me for something other than what you posted...
420.cam.420@gmail.com

btw, you seen that movie, Next? I just watched it. F.uckin terrible. Interesting concept, but they completely blew it IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
ahhhhh. damn I suck at decisions. I'm starting to lean towards the NINe.1. I was sorta keeping GlassWolf's statement about using an amp's ability to drive low impedances as headroom, but then I remembered all the stuff about the NINe.1 running only a little warm at .5 ohm. I read this thread too.
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15061&page=1&pp=10
I haven't talked to Ben, but he seems cool as sh!t. I got into car audio because I love music. I keep losing sight of that and thinking "will it be loud enough???".
Even if I could get more power out of the PA on my stock alt., I'll have two quality, matching amps. Plus, the extra bit of power probably won't be a huge difference. I just gotta figure out a way of using relays to switch between 1 and 4 ohms. I spend sometimes 3 hours a night just chillin' listenin to music with the volume low, and the car off, so the efficiency might be good. I'll make a thread for that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12258
if i needed only 1200wrms & not planning to upgrade i would get the ed9 ......

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1124
How much do you plan on spending? I have an amp for $500 plus shipping, does 3krms @ 2ohms, Earthquake phd-10,000...yada yadda yaddaa!

Let me know if interested and I will post more info(it's in great shape I need to sell it so I can fund my new subs)

I also only take paypal. But if you do not have an upgraded charging system and plan on keeping it that way, go for the ed9 like Rovin suggested.

If you plan in running and switching between 1 and 4ohm, you can try what I use. Use 4 bolts per sub (one for each voice coil) and wire them accordingly to each bolt on the inside of the box. Have the wires on the outside of the box with battery terminals on them and a wing nut to tighten them down. Run your + and - from your amp to the box. All you have to do now is change the wires on the outside of the box to change to ohm load (there will be little runs of wire and 16 battery terminals, one for each end). Never heard of using a relay, but who knows!

Silver Member

Post Number: 739
that's what I was planning to do, then use relays so I could switch it from the dash. I am way too lazy to get out, fold the seat forward, get into the back, unscrew a bunch of wingnuts, switch a bunch of wires, and tighten a bunch of wingnuts. I just realized you're in Canada though. Is that $500 CDN? It may be pushing it. I'll keep that in mind though Mike. Part of the allure of the NINe.1 is there is one on CCA for $300 + shipping. I'm really sick of getting boned by customs. With that Earthquake I could leave it at 4 ohms and set the gains low though. I dunno. I have a few months before I'll have the $$$$. To come up with $550+ it might take me a lil past Christmas. H'mmm. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 602
Why not run the bigger amp with the gains set real low @ 1ohm?

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
As far as I know, amps are more efficient at 4 ohms.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1129
Yeah it would be Canadian.

I could check out how much it would cost to ship to you, fully insured with tracking as I think I could do $550 shipped and I would claim it low for customs.

Check out my local listing for the amp (the pics are mine as well)

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showproduct.php?product=154615&cat=138

@ 4ohms amps demand less current and, yes, they are more efficient. The Earthquake would technically be around 1000-1500 @ 4ohms and you could turn the gains down as I had it set at 1ohm with the gains down as it was too loud for daily listening. The same applies with my 5750.1 I have gains set just over halfway.

I hit 144.1db with the D-10 amp off of my 2 12"s so it does what it is supposed to do!

Silver Member

Post Number: 741
I'm in Canada too. I wouldn't even be considering taking that off your hands if I wasn't lol.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1131
Awesome, shipping would be cheap then! Where are you located as from the listing on the web site I live in the Okanagan. If you are close you could see it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 750
Don't think so. I live on Vancouver Island. In Victoria to be exact. V8P 2K7 if you're interested in calculating it for me. Still undecided, but knowing that would help.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8969
Hey cam, I have a 200a alt for a Tracker. You could probably have it for a song and a dance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
LMAO. What song? I don't mind humiliating myself for that.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8970
Pop lock and drop it by Baby Huey. LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
You actually serious about this?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8971
I'll tell you what..

I paid $400 for it. Its an Excessive Amperage Alt. It has never been Installed. Since I no longer have the Tracker, I dont need it. Make me an offer for it :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
Hmm. What year was your tracker? All the money I get for the next few months will probably go into an amp. I don't know if I even wanna put any money into anything I can't put in another vehicle. Hmm. We'll see. I would do the song n dance, and I pay shipping though

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1132
I put in the amps dimensions and it's weight @ 30 pounds (I think it is 20-25) plus insurance for $500 and I got these estimates:

Regular: $23.11 (3 business days)
Xpresspost: $24.54 (2 business days)
Priority Courier: $37.27 (2 business days)

Not too bad really, bonus is that there will be no customs as that is always a PAIN. My RD amp was claimed at $250 (worth $2,200) and I had to pay $58 for customs from DHL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
Yeah that seems really reasonable. Ahh. I'm terrible at decisions man. F.ck. What's your email, and I'll get at you when I decide.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1135
mixmastaspig@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
added man. mine's cam followed by my last name at hotmail.com.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1136
added you as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us