I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2288
everytime the beat barely hit.
the system cuts off.
at super low bass.
it hit one time and cut off....
all the electric cuts off.
yea huge problem.
its out the car for now since im so mad.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1437
Its
cuz
your
black
lol
j/k

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 34
Pour some gas on the car and light it on fire.J/K of courses looks like some one has a short and i bet its on the subwoofer leads or speak wires.Shut the subwoofer amp off by pulling the fuse and see if it still does that. Post back the results.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1451
Its called karma! You tried to pwn Wolfman but u didnt and it came back on you!!

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2225
Whats your charging system for the 2500d?

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 475
yea arent u runnin that orion on a stock electrical system?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2291
yea.
stock.
so my alt is gone?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1202
ummmmm...no..... the alt would be going if ur having trouble with the chargnig of ur battery..... i.e. low voltage......

trouble shoot it dude, u got a DMM?

Bronze Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 96
if everytime your bass goes to hit the radio and all shuts off and comes back on you need a new battery for sure. If the alt was bad you would get stuck and not be able to jump your vehicle.

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 90
so the other day i was at a stop light with my bass up all the way and my subs cut out and my radio turned off and back on but the car stayed one luckily.. but its only done that once in my life and even since then i've done the same exact thing again and its never cut out. but is that a sure sign in need to upgrade electrical?

Bronze Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 97
yes , because when the bass hits and there is no battery reserve for the amp to take it will shut your radio off and it will come back on, the car stays running becuase it does not use the battery it runs off the alt once its started. Only going to the battery when the draw exceeds what the alt puts out. A battery will help but youy may want to think about a stronger alt to be able to correctly charge the battetry and have more amps available for the system.

I have two alts in my tahoe a ohio gen and the stock one. I had a factory battery and a 2150 tsunami. I beat on them hard. We had a booth at the Nopi nationals and i had a amp drawing around 400 amps non stop for a few hrs and it completly kill my batteries. I since upgraded the truck to two power master 3100's and a powmaster 925 and i am having no problems. they seem to be great. If you only play your 2500+ watt system for a few mins at a time you will be ok with a upgraded battery but if you bump for long periods of time you will need a couple batteries and atleast one high output alt.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3220
LMAO. Anyone remember how james carrol used to tell people on here that they dont need an HO alt because his 2500d worked fine without one?

Sorry man but this thread cracked me up. I tried forever to convince you that your stock alt wouldnt support that amp. BTW it could also be the battery, but in any case you need an HO alt for that system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us