Bass boost knobs

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 231
Ive heard alot of people on here say to not use the bass boost on an amp, or atleast dont turn it all the way up as if its a volume control. My kick zx750 and my rockford p6002 amp have bass knobs so where should I turn it to when setting my gain? or should I not even hook it up? Its nice having it, I just want to make sure im using it properly (and to my best advantage).

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1655
dont even hook it up man...they're gain control knobs basically and its unnecessary to have it bc the gains on the amp and once you set it CORRECTLY, theres no reason to change it

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 232
Thanks dude. I just wanna make sure once I get all my new stuff installed, its as perfect as I can get it with the equipment I have on hand.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1657
yea dont even bother, i had one isntalled with my first system on a hifonics 1206 and knew notta about audio and ended up blowin the sub bc the cc idiots said it was a bass knob, so theres no one to blame but myself, IMO its unnecessary

however, the kicker src controllers for sx digital amps are flucking awesome!!!

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2221
Yep, all the bass knob will do is add more AC V coming out of your speaker outputs on your amp...but thats what the gain does is set the AC voltage correctly...the gain set correctly will compensate any bass boost or use of a "bass knob"

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 310
hey i dont use mine but i heard that the some amp acturally has a bass knob that doesnt mess with the gains have you all heard of it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us