OT: Pionner

Silver Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 293
Quick question, what is the difference between the Pioneer DEH-P4900iB and Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB?

Is it just the extra ipod stuff from the DEH-P490iB?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12814
warranty...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12155
i noticed a stupid thing is all the pionner ipod ready HUs dont come with the ipod extension cable which u have to buy separately

IMO buy either the 590 or better yet the USB 690 model - u wont ever have to open the face or burn any CDs again.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
Thanks, and its Pioneer not Pionner HA!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6749
pwned hardcore man..

u can an alpine o r a clarion some pioneers are really messy they tendt to blwo their micro fuse for the ground of the rcas and blow the rcas output channel and well im telling you to chose another brand if u really want someting between those two headunits go for it but be careful

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4835
^Yea...I tried to make sense of that post just like the rest of you guys but I think he was saying to get a different head unit because some Pioneers suck and the whole grounding issue of the RCAs is just lame.Pioneer needs to step their game up on their head units because I'm tired of seeing threads where people are having problems with the RCA bullsh1t.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5118
totally agree with those last two posts. just had my second pioneer hu go out, in just about two years.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15155
totally agree with those guys too. mine went out in a month. if i didn't pay for the xm fee already on my pioneer xm radio, i would of got a different head unit. pioneer sux.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12817
User Error...loljk

Been Running Pioneers for at least 5years never once had anything f#ck up..

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15156
i guess i got stuck with a bad one. anyways it was easily fixed when i grounded the rca to the chasis.

btw chauncey you got lucky you got that extra 15 points from your 2 players yesterday. damn vince young should of done better and i would of won.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12818
lol..not luck...15points is alot...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6757
pioneer sucks if you dont know how to use it... well my pioneer is workign good no problems.. but i want my cda-9855 BACK... greatest receiver i had used and i wanted back...

anyways your best choice will be a clarion or a older version of alpine or a high end model from kenwood...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6758
anyways i forgot..

well if you do want pioneer and want to do alil more work well youc an do what i did...

run a 8 gauge wire from battery to head unit fused with a 15 amps fuse then get a 8 gauge wire for the negative to the batteries negative and you will get awesome sound.. no alternator noise...no clipping from the head unit and crystal clear sound :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Ok thanks for all the info, Im not liking this grounding the RCA's, sounds easy but whatever. I was lookin at Clarion, WHAT DO YOU'S THINK of the Clarion DXZ575USB?

And what are the difference from the Clarion DXZ675USB?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 335
Don't most clarion's come with rca outs on the back and you have to have an amp for each pre-out, like highs mids and subwoofer? or is that eclipse?

anyway, anyone know anything about the premier 580mb series, I came upon one and wanted to know opinions/reviews on em. Thanks guys.

btw, I have an alpine right now, and they don't come with the ipod ready stickin out the back, you have to buy that seperately.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
Anyone?

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
What no bump?

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 301
you know what i will drive with a pioneer hu in anyday and i will bumb my infinitys and pyle speakers allday thats just the brands i like and then again if your like my friends dad and cant figure out a wiring diagram to save your live then you should let a pro do it or atleast some one who knows what there doin not blow a hu and say that company sucks

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 770
i have the premier 790bt and it came with the ipod cable and the unit itself has been workin pretty good for me

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 927
Theives>You asked about the 580, I have the DEH-5800, which is the regular pioneer version of the 580, and I love it....sound coming out of it is great. I also like the fact that it can be set with the front speakers on a HPF so that no bass comes out of them, and the rear speaker wires can be set to SubWoofer, and can be set so no treble comes out there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
hey thanks alot for answering my question,that helps

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 929
oh, and btw, that is ONLY if you are running the subs directly off the rear speaker wires OR using the rear speaker wires with a LOC. IF you are running the subs by using the subwoofer RCA's in the back, it has other settings..I cant go into detail at the moment, just read the manual...something I still haven't completely done yet

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
um...I don't have the manual for it....is there any way I can still get a PDF for it somehow, or is it pretty easy to navigate through the menus?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us