Best place for tweets in an expedition

Username: Jonnie

Connecticut USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 98 EDDY expo and I need to know where the best place to put my tweeters would be. I had them high next to the visor facing down but they sounded bad. I have CDT 6.5 components and there being run by a JL 450 4 channel amp. Thanx if someone can help

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5064
usually one of the easiest places to get good sounds is by putting them by the mid driver. or you can put them in the stock position by the window.

Username: Jonnie

Connecticut USA

Post Number: 2
Mat by stock position you mean the sail thing bottom of window inside corner? Well I got mad and pulled the left tweeter out and kept the right one in. The funny part is im still getting the highs out of one and it doesnt sound half bad. I had an issue with turning the volume up my highs would drop. Found out my crossovers have a protection thing on them that would cut my highs if overpowered. That doesnt help seeing how now I cant bang my system if I choose.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5065
yeah then you may want to choose a differnt speaker set that will get louder. really tweet placment is up to the user, alot of people like things a little different. so its i would just play around with the placment until you find something you like. what model cdts do you have anyway and are they on an aftermarket amp? if so you may want to make sure your amp gain is set right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us