Car audio question

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I am wanting to run my car cd player and amp and use my gas powered generator and its 12-Volt, 15-Amp DC Outlet as the power source.

What kits,cables,adapters, etc do I need to make this happen?

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 246
How big is the amplifier? How many amps does it draw, it should list it in the specs. The generator may not pass enough amps to run the amp and could make it send out a clipped signal, which is bad for your amp and speakers.

Unregistered guest
I don't know the specs off the top of my head but I will check.

The outlet is primarily designed to recharge car batteries, so I may be barking up the wrong tree as it is.

Thanks for your time and response.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 250
Yeah, check into a power invertor, that's probably what you will need.

Unregistered guest
please help, I want to hook two 2ohm DVC speakers and one 4ohm DVC speaker together to one mono amp. want to be between 2 and 3 ohm load if possible. Can you please tell me how to wire the.
thanks much

Username: Mackevion

Post Number: 4
i'm having a problem with my car audio system...i have a crossover and an amp going to 2 12's...when i start my car i get this loud noise for about 3 seconds then it goes away...after my car is started up the car comes back about a minute later...i noticed that it sounds like my engine only amplified through my subs...well, one of my subs..one sub is playing as normal but the noise coming from the other sub overshadows that one...i also noticed that when i step on the gas the noise comes back if it has gone away...
please help

i just wanna enjoy my 12's

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2211
could be a bad crossover or amp, or just a bad ground.

taylor camp
Unregistered guest
ken,
simple, just wire the two 2ohms in series and then the 4 ohmer in parallel with that combo.
this would make a 2 ohm load.

Username: Jt17319

Post Number: 1
I was wondering what the diagram looked like for a wireharness for a pioneer DEH-P3500?, my red wire came out of the harness and i am not sure what port to put it back into.

Username: Dread07

Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 8
rofl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us