No bass in my system

darkDAku
Unregistered guest
I bought this KDC-205 Kenwood deck the other day, i got it installed and its sounds like crap. I have no bass sound although i have new speakers all the wires are properly connected. What can i do ???????

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2967
add a subwoofer, which is where you get bass.

Anonymous

Until you get a sub or something, you might try playing around with the eq on it. If it has one of the custom eq things where you set your own curve, I would try that. My pioneer has that on it, so I found the vocal preset, and upped the midrange, and the low end a little. Then turned on the loudness function, so it gives a little bass. Not as much as a sub, but it works for me:-).

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 22
if you have the bass control at at least halfway or higher and still no bass, then you might have speakers out of phase. do some research on that. if you have fronts and rears, then they might be out of phase with each other. or the left could be out of phase with the right side speakers.

this may be an easy check:

1. put the fader all the way to the front.
2. put the balance to the left and listen to the bass, then to the right and listen. then put the balance back in the middle and listen. did you lose a bunch of bass response when it's in the middle? if so, then certain frequencies are out of phase (simply put, it gets more complicated).
3. repeat step 1 & 2 but with the fader to the rear.
4. with balance in the middle, put the fader to the rear and listen to the bass, then slide the fader to the front and listen. if you lose bass with the fader in the middle, then the front speakers are more out of phase than in phase with the rear speakers.

so you need to switch the positive and negative leads at the amp(or back of head unit)OR at the speaker, but not at both locations.

do this for both front OR both rear speakers if that's where you noticed the problem (step 4), or for both left OR both right speakers(steps 1-3).

good luck and maybe the pros on this board will let us know if the info above is correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us