Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 207
any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 248
Get a hold of Steve Miller, he owns RD Audio, and is on this forum. Just post something with his name in it and get in touch with him.

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 208
do those subs get loud?

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 209
would they be louder than 2 15 cvr's?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3435
buy this sub http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-Subwoofer-Custom-built-Shocker-Audio_W0QQcmdZV iewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ019QQitemZ290151563739QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW in a good box with atleast 1000wrms it should destroy 2 cvr's.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1659
thieves is on point here
RD make stellar stuff for the $$ and great service as well.

however i dont think the driver's in your price range are spl oriented. youd be best off buying 1 18" Fi SSD

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
Well I have a 12" Alpha V1 on ~1100rms, its greatly underpowering the sub, but it's still louder than when I had three 12" JL W1s, partly b/c I have a ported box. But that one 12" Alpha knocks. I haven't gotten it metered yet, but that will come soon

Gold Member

Post Number: 1661
ahh.
i too own alphas (2 18" v1.5's to be exact)
got my install done and ready go to turn on the autotek mm4K and she goes to protect mode and smokes shortly thereafter.

ordered the cheapest temporary amp i could find. hopefully my alphas move a bit with 200 watts a piece

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9466
Alpha's and 200 watts? Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1662
lmao, yeah until i get my autotek 4K back from maxxsonics

200 a piece will be all the bump i have

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 210
i was thinkin about 1 18 SSD, so that would be better spl than 2 15 cvr's? ill have around 1000 wrms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
lol, I had around 120 going for a short while, I couldn't turn it up too loud cause the lil kicker amp would overheat to fast and turn off. That 18 can take a lot more than 1000 btw. But I wouldn't recommend Fi right now, just cause what I've exp, but that's me.
Plus, think of how much space that 18 will actually need...d@mn

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 211
i have a blazer, so space isnt a issue and i wouldnt fully load it but i did find a 1600 hifonics i might get instead. well i want bass and i wont spend more than 250 on sub(s).

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
I also have a blazer, not the full size though, and a 2.5cuft flair ported box takes up quite a bit of space. That 18 will take up the whole cargo space top to bottom, side to side, if we have the same model. No more rearview mirror!!!!

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 212
um, i could still see out and i wouldnt even be higher than the seat. that sub says 6-10 cu ft so i could get a 7 or 8 easy.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5867
as long as you know what your doing, i would say you'll have no problems with the tinsel slap that people have with Fi subs....

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
I'm not sure anyone has said anything about tinsel slap in this thread.....we're talking about space...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5871
"But I wouldn't recommend Fi right now, just cause what I've exp, but that's me. "

when i read that, it seemed you were hinting at the tinsel slap problems of Fi that people have been talking about.....i guess i read it wrong and to that, i apologize

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
no, I was talking about my sub not working at all, it being completely dead after very little use. also, what I meant is, we will see what happens after they receive the sub since I sent it back.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5872
gotcha.....i misread it, honest mistake

Gold Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 1046
If you were looking at RD, the V.1 Alphas would probably be your best bet. I believe they still have some 12's left for $250 shipped. And those subs have high 140's potential in a solid install with enough power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
^^^great deal!!! I have one, and been thinking about two, but can't afford it nor do I have the charging system for it right now....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us