Memphis PR15D4

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 422
Can anyone find me specs. on this sub so I can build a box (cuft.,port length) I had google searched and couldn't find anything not even on the website.

-What do you guys think of this sub ?......... and even though it's 250rms do you think it could handle 400rms from my brand new Earthquake T1000w/2

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 423
and the magnet size is only 50oz so could this cause the sub to heat up quicker it is a 15"sub

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5005
http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/LiveImages/112/58/DocumentURL1.pdf

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 424
thanks mike your a big help I am going to start building tomm. I should be finished by friday.....oh yea does the magnet weight (oz) make a difference in output

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5006
yes, the smaller the magnet the less output of a sub. it also causes the cone to heat up faster as the magnet basically holds the heat in it while it slowly dissipates it. so the smaller the magnet, the less heat it holds, which in turn causes the heat to be released faster causing the cone to overheat. that's why most subs use a 'standard' 90oz' triple stacked magnet. and the smaller the magnet, the 'slower' it'll hit the beats since it is what pulls the cone and causes it to 'hit'.

hope that clears it up for you. and you should have no problem with giving it 400wrms.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2524
A year or so ago a friend had two of those subs but single 4ohm on a Memphis MCD500 and they sound go for 500 watts and they were in vented box boxes but I don't remember how many cudes/tuneing. The tech guy Jay at Memphis said he does not recommend and more RMS than what they say.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2525
Jay at Memphis said he does not recommend any more RMS than what they say.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 425
do you think 2 12" pioneers (300rms total and 50oz ) or 1 15" (250rms and a 50oz)in ported boxes

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 426
which would be louder

Gold Member

Post Number: 2527
Pioneers

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA