Need help

Username: R3vld

Post Number: 1
i have a 6 cd changer, it seems like the amp is under the seat, i want to just add 2 subwoofers to the system, i have a amp + kinetik battery. please help thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 464
your not making sense, if theres is a spare amp UNDER your seat chances are it's powering your speakers. in that case you need to put a new amp in for the woofers.

Bronze Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 21
Is the amp under the seat the stock amp? If so go w/ what keith said add an extra mono d amp to power your subs.

I thought kinetik means it charges when shaken.
is shaken a word, im to drunk to tell i will think about it tommorrow

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
more likley shaking but it is in a sense. also the kinetic is just a good deep cycle battery from my knowledge and as he said he's a bit drunk. so his info's off a bit. the kinetic is good though, assuming you got this car this way i can tell you right now somebody was rockin some real power in it for a kinetic. so with that said the amp ur mentioning is a speaker amp and they just removed the sub woofers and amp they had in it so u have to buy new and reinstall.

Post Number: 2
i bought the kinetik battery , and the amp under the seat seems like the stock one,

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
well if you are replacing the headunit which i'll assume you are the stock amp must go or u will end up having nothing work right and tht amp i'm almost a 100 percent only supports the factory speakers nothing more. so u can't just plug it in and go wild. you might be able to use it though for a speaker amp but doubtful. if u want to do it right heres a shopping list.

new door speakers, your woofer setup, one amp for the new speakers, one mono subwoofer amp, 0 guage power wire and distro block and fuse holder for your setup, a big 3 upgrade. in your case cause of the kinetic just a high ohm alternator and a big 3. if goin under 7-800 rms woofer and amp setup a alt and big 3 not needed as long as u take it easy on the system but deff recommended.

Post Number: 3
no, i want to keep the headunit. i just want to add 2 sub's. is it posible ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
yea but u need to find a adapter for your unit to run the sub. you need a sub output, plus dialing in the subs to work with stock oem equipment can be tricky to get it to all sound ok. u have to see what ur stock radio offers in terms of a sub out put.

Post Number: 4
would a Scosche+LOC-80+Adjustable+Line-Out+Converter
work ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us