Box design help

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 356
I am building a new box for my kappa perfects. My old box has too much port noise (only 25 sqinches or port area) and isint flashy enough. I am going to build my new box primarialy out of mdf but had the back panel made from lexan so you can see inside. but my question is will the difference between 95 liters and 101 liters make a big difference in output even though the new 95 liter box is going to have about 36 sq inches of port. also slot port vs round port. and also if i do a slot port should i put it at the top or bottom or sides of the front of the box (the port must be on the front because the side are going to toch the interior of my trunk). the box it going to be a wedge design with the subs on the slanted face(front facing in cabin) and i will also be using a double baffel for the front peice. no bracing either. also does any one have any idea how to paint or coat mdf as to make it almost mirror like.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 358
bump

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 359
anything?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1273
go to www.fishercustoms.com they can jus give you a design or acut sheet or build the whole thing and they are very good ppl,and good prices

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 362
nahh im deff going to build it myself.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 379
is a 1 x 36 inch slot port ok to use?

Bronze Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 17
12-20 sq inches of port per cubic foot

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 381
damn i need some more port then. i need to go to at least 42. thats werid though why infinity reccomends a 1.75 cubic ft enclosure fit 1 4 inch round port. thats only about 13 sq inches of port area. according to your formula the minimum should be 21 sq inches. and i know from experiance that 26 sq incehs of port is not even close to enought area for 2 in a 3.5 cube box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us