Team Revolution

Post Number: 8779
lol you gotta make money some how.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2605
Oh. My. God. Roffles with maplol syrup!

Well.... just like being a rapper, it takes no actual talent to be a DJ. It's not like he woke up one day and all of a sudden could play an instument or sing. Now we know where all that money from the undelivered boxes went huh?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6488
hahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1801
LMFAO

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8945
They're not undelivered, they're lost in shipment, like his business lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

LOVE MY SOUND SPLINTER...

Post Number: 14656
maybe he'll take payment in advance for a gig and never show up.

just a thought.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 347
he actually shipped out some of the boxes..just recently.

Platinum Member

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14657
yeah he did. charlie got his box not to long ago. it was a simple sealed box that took 3 and a half months. i guess i put one screw per day.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1603
"Well.... just like being a rapper, it takes no actual talent to be a DJ."

Well it doesn't take actual talent to make that garbage on pott's myspace...but IF you think the best rappers/DJ's in the world don't have talent then i'd say you're very narrow minded, especially for someone who i'm pretty sure is a musician.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1365
x2^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 1604
lol actually i've been meaning to ask you brad, what exactly do you do? (Besides bang smokin hot chicks) Are you a producer? Were you in a band? Anybody i'd know of?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2608
I am a pro drummer and a producer, guitarist, bassist and singer. I also prepare bands for tours, do major studio work, and I am currently playing with Lila McCann.

And no it doesn't take any real talent to talk to a beat you didn't create, over a melody you didn't write or play. Let alone spin records and do fancy scratching and cd/vinyl flips. Eminem and Snoop are two guys that have other talents such as acting and I respect that. Rapping and DJ'ing may be skills that are learned over time but it is in no way to be confused with actual talent. After all what do basketball players like Shaq and "famous for being famous" morons like KFed do when they want to break into the music industry? That's right, they rap because anyone can rap, but very few can sing or play an instrument well. And it makes those of us that spent their whole lives honing their craft pissed off that people refer to them as musicians. They are NOT musicians, they are rich people that talk to a beat because they have the opportunity and what else are they going to do?

But you alot know better than me.... right?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 349
brad i'm going to leave this one alone, but thats a very ignorant statement.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2613
What part of it didn't I explain and how then is it ignorant? I know many rappers and I have been in the studio and watched exactly what they do. Just because you can't explain it away doesn't make something "very ignorant".

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2093
"Let alone spin records and do fancy scratching and cd/vinyl flips."

have you ever tried it ? not as easy as it looks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
"But you alot know better than me.... right?"

well i don't wanna start an argument but, yes apparently i do know better than you cause half of what you just said was blatantly ridiculous.

"After all what do basketball players like Shaq and "famous for being famous" morons like KFed do when they want to break into the music industry? That's right, they rap because anyone can rap, but very few can sing or play an instrument well."

I literally lol'd at that. I'm glad you enjoyed Shaq and Kfed's albums, that makes like 3 or 4 of you. Sure anyone can rap, just like anyone can drum, produce, play guitar, or sing, like you do. You can say that about anything, doesn't mean they're any good at it.

And all musicians are sampling to a degree, everything you've written/sang/played is based on the music that you loved and listened to growing up whether you realize it or not. That doesn't mean what you do doesn't take creativity, originality and talent.

Download some Slick Rick or Rakim or something and tell me anyone can do what they did, or that they didn't spend their lives honing their craft.

I think it's unfortunate if you can't respect something just because you don't enjoy it or can't relate to it. What you said about rappers and DJ's is a generalization that is completely untrue and unfair to those in the profession who are legit. Would you say the same thing based on religion? race? gender? Just because you think it may be true for MOST of them?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1556
being able to freestyle and relate lyrics, and have the artistic ability to put together fresh beats is an art form. not many people can do it, if there was nothing to being a good rapper and DJ then we wouldnt have certain stars consistently dropping hits in the business

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2614
Damn I wonder if PitBull even read most of what I said. Where did you get that I LIKED Shaq and KFed's cd's? They are crap. And I never said I didn't enjoy some rap... I have heard Slick Rick and Rakim and may others like them and some of them are good. I put on some rap like Jeezy when friends want to hear my system opened up. And what I said is not untrue and unfair to those in the "profession" that are legit. You know why? Because those same people would tell you that they aren't talented and they just do what they do. Most of them WISH they could play and sing but unfortunately you can't just wish that one day when you are 27 and make it come true. And also, I figured that you would comprehand when I said "very few can sing or play an instrument well" that I meant just what I said.

Sure... anyone can do anything they want but that doesn't make them good or respected for what they do. Just don't call what they do music, because music implies being a musician, which they are most certainly not. If you wanna get down to the core of it, they are "talkers". That's all they know how to do, and sure some are better than others and like I said some have developed a skill at it over the years. But what I meant to imply with the Shaq and KFed thing was that any time someone wants to make a cd they rap. Because basically anyone that can speak can rap, they already do what is required every single day. Capiche?

Platinum Member

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 14660
honestly mixing some records is pretty easy. of course you won't know sh!t when you get right at it. but it takes way, i mean wayyyyyyy, less time to learn how to dj professionally than learn how to play an instrument proffesionally.

as far as rappers having no talent? well i leave that argument to brad. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1607
"Where did you get that I LIKED Shaq and KFed's cd's?"

I can be tricky sometimes, next time i'll put sarcasm in parenthesis...(sarcasm).

"Because those same people would tell you that they aren't talented and they just do what they do."

Brad I literally don't even believe that you really believe that. Honest to god I think you know better.

"Just don't call what they do music, because music implies being a musician, which they are most certainly not."

I'll absolutely call what they do music. This is the first definition listed on dictionary.com for the word "music": "an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

To say that music or a musician requires the use of instruments to be considered legit or talented is just a little narrow-minded to me. Rhythm, melody, and harmony can all be found in someone singing or rapping even a capella.

"But what I meant to imply with the Shaq and KFed thing was that any time someone wants to make a cd they rap."

False. Lohan? Paris? I can't think of others at the moment, but people have made plenty of sh!tty pop, rock and other type albums.

"Because basically anyone that can speak can rap, they already do what is required every single day. Capiche?"

C'mon I KNOW you remember us going over this (sarcasm). Anyone with working fingers can play guitar...Anyone with feet can dance...Doesn't mean they don't su<k...lets not belabor this point anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 584
ANYWAYS....

Looks like he just created that so he can put songs on his myspace that he couldn't find on there.. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I did.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4001
Have you guys actually heard rappers live?The MAJORITY of them sound like complete garbage and they rely on fancy equipment to make their CD sound "Good" because in all reality they sound terrible.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 701
Most of new Rap:

Yo Gangsta, I got weed and I always get high. Sometimes I feel the need to just touch the sky. I got so much bling it even hangs from my huge thing. I got so many h0es because im too ugly too get a girl that hasnt been around the "hood" a few times. Did I mention I was a gangster? I got alot of money and if you mess with me I will get my "klick" on you homie dawg. Word up [insert racial remark here] [ insert few idiotic chants here] [instert looped 10 second beat thats been playing the whole song]

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2554
Thats complete bullsh!t, Nick V. Yes, ALOT of rap has turned into that but you don't listen to the song that do rap poetic justice. I bet half the people on this forum can't put together a decent poem let alone one that flows with a beat. I know because I write raps/poetry whatever you wanna call it, and to say it's incredibly easy to make good verses you would have to be high. I dare ya to impress me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4019
" I know because I write raps/poetry whatever you wanna call it"

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3985
pitbull im not trying to start beef man
but brad is right. dosent take much talent to rap. its just a beat, someone saying a poem over a beat.
it takes a bit of skill to drum like the pros. ive been in band before and instruments can be hard to play with all the different thing you would have to do.
now i do like quite a bit of rap but i also like quite a bit of rock/metal so im not biased

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1462
I think Johnny Cash was one of the first rappers...lol. Granted he played an instrument but I've heard some of his songs where he is "just talking" over the beat....sh!t didnt even rhyme..LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1463
On a real note. It is actually difficult to rap. Real rap is not the BS you hear on the radio, where every song is the same. The rap industry is so watered down now, and record company execs are just looking for that quick money, so they put out whoever is gonna get them their money with potential 1 hit wonders. But if you listen to storytelling rap, something with substance and the person is putting all the rhymes together and it makes sense then thats different. Listen to some outkast, some old slick rick. I guarantee just about 99% of the people on here cant write a rap and make it flow over a beat. I challenge you guys to, just by yourself, go write a rap about something, anything, and get a beat and try to do it....its not as easy as you think.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5681
lol at potts.....goofy looking dude he is

ive never tried either but if i had to guess, id say playing drums would be more difficult than rapping....with that said, i personally, only listen to rap/hip hop/hell even r and b sometimes, and in my opinion i think some of the artists have talent in what they do. they are talented rappers, surely not taleted musiciains. drummers/rock artists are certainly good musicians but not good rappers(probably). im gonna rgue for the rappers right now cause i only listen to this type of music, but i would be very surprised if anyone on this forum could make a good rap song....altho same goes for rock, make a good rock song and ill be surprsed (except you brad)....obviously, good rappers have talent in what they do or else they would not have made it big. and the rock artists have to be good at what they do or else they wouldnt have made it big either. i dont think its fair to say that one side of this arguement(rappers or rockers) have no talent or less talent. they have different talent. all of this is my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8958
Personally I always judged a groups' talent by how they sounded live. By far Kiss, Aerosmith, Van Halen and Def Leppard sounded to me dead on to their album. Def Leppard's in the round tour was my fav and was THE best. Saw them in concert and that was unbelievable. Kiss too.

What this has to do with rap? Nothing I guess lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2096
meh...potts is a feg

Silver Member

Post Number: 702
Reece, you said that was I said was complete bullshit, but then you agreed with me? lol

As i said, NEW RAP. Alot of the underground and older stuff I enjoy. Some of the beats on the new songs are ok, but lyrics arent just like they used to be.
So now, since I created that rap, I'm going to retire, then 2 months later, come out with a new cd.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1611
After being away from this thread for about 24 hours and then looking back on it now I'd like to first clear up that I wasn't trying to attack you Brad. If it came off that way then I apologize.

I guess at the end of the day I was just trying to say that music, to ME at least, is about connecting with people and their emotions. And there is something to be said for music or an artist who makes you bob your head, wanna dance, or just shake ur butt (ladies). While it may not seem as rich or as deep as other genres of music, that doesn't make it less valuable or enjoyable.

Sure anyone can try to rap but can they command a deep, real emotional response from their listening audience? Only a handful of gifted people can do this, whether it's rap, rock, pop or w/e.

As I was finishing this post, "Runaway Love" by Ludacris came on my random playlist. If you haven't heard this song download it. You can't deny the content in this song. If you can, you may not be human.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4020
"As I was finishing this post, "Runaway Love" by Ludacris came on my random playlist. If you haven't heard this song download it. You can't deny the content in this song. If you can, you may not be human."

That song is f uckin g@y dude.I can't stand hearing that sh1t.If I wanted to hear about problems like that...I'd watch the news.How many songs have been out there like that?Seriously.That's nothing new.Luda just copied what many others have already rapped about.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 954
i don't care if it takes talent or not or if its music or whatever. i like listening to it so i'm going to keep listening to it. who cares?

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 517
Maybe the guy just enjoys making music, and wanted to put some on his myspace page.

I know him ;).... and he's definitely not a "dj"...

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 589
Thats what I said...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2558
It's funny you can laugh, Rob, but you've never seen anything that I've written so you really have no right to judge or laugh. Like I said, try to impress me I dare you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2559
Nick V., what I was saying is complete bullshit was the post literally right before mine in which you said nothing about the older rap.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 645
brad ur a dumb *ss fir attacking rap on a subwoofer forum.....

and I hate your soul

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5688
^lol

brad might cry after reading that.....if he was 12

Silver Member
Username: Allstar13

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 128
of course 'anybody' can do it. That's why it was started in NYC.. it was a form of music that poor kids in the inner city can have fun with and relate to. So anybody is SUPPOSSED to be able to do it..

now, to be good at it, that's a different story. And it takes a lot of skill and also, talent.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 455
yo this thread is g@y, why do people hate i gotta a myspace page but thats okay, ecoustics is dead always down so i must frown, i am addicted to the subwoofer page like a kid with a candy cane...... i just wrote that anybody can do rap:-d call me lil julian

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 456
that was corny as h3ll though lmfao

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 697
traffic traffic lookin for my chapstick feeling kinda carsick there's a ford maverick

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Evoixmr

Post Number: 25
Im new on this page
dont hate
i gots alot to say
this ish aint easy
beleive me
to get your face on tv
it takes some skillin
some killin
some sittin back and chillin
and when ish get hard
back on the streets drug dealin
b!tch
you sit and run yo mouth
learn what your talkin bout
im headin out
G's up
nigga you better bounce
cuz i'ma hunt you down
and i'ma fu(kin clown
on your whole crew
and your whole fu(kin town
so whats up now
Th3Vir3s
I can go on all day
just one thing left to say
Respect
the best
the Nine
correct
word?
now its your turn

I guess what I just spit
got no talent?
just jibberish
If thats really the case
go on and finish it
b!tch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
But, yeah the beats on that myspace link sounded unoriginal and lame.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
BTW im fu(kin drunk as hll right now so no hate on the post, aight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
drunk as hell at 6:15? you may have problems. unfortunately that's not your only problem because that rap was awful...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2108
yo dawg...that shyt was mad tyte yo...you got sum hella-flow son

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2039
dude my garden hose has more flow then taht..lol..

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 522
garden hoses flow pretty well.

perhaps saying it flows as well as a plastic bag is more fitting? :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
Mark, shouldn't you be scamming someone somewhere?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2567
I think he's grown immune to those kinda comments...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
i have no clue if potts really scammed someone or not, and i dont care.

Mark always has something productive to bring to the table and has quite a bit of experience in car audio

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3135
" i have no clue if potts really scammed someone or not "

And you've been here since september '06? You must have been living under a rock....... I guess you also have no clue that it has happened before, not just recently?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1204
haha whoever posted that malibu's most wanted comment i love it!!

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 172
lmao wigger thug got PWNED

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Reece

6:15 A.M. is that what time it was? lol
Acually Im in a diff time zone it was only 4:15. You aint never partyd till 4 in the mornin I thinks you got the problem.

It wasnt supposed to be some tight sh1t I was showing that it acually does take talent to script some sh1t that we all would acually bump at 140+db.

Brad Warren QUOTE
"Well.... just like being a rapper, it takes no actual talent to be a DJ."

BTW I think its pretty dwam good for how drunk I was.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
" i have no clue if potts really scammed someone or not "

And you've been here since september '06? You must have been living under a rock....... I guess you also have no clue that it has happened before, not just recently? "

i dont know all the details behind why the box's were not shipped, and theres probably alot more to it than you or i know.

its sh!t like that i cant stand. its not your buisness what potts does so dont worry about it.

Dont trust him ? fine, dont buy from him

im in no way defending him but i cant stand how people stick their nose in someone else's buisness and think that they know more about the situation than others do.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 698
:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2570
no i mean ive partied till 8 and 9 the next day so i really had no reason to say that haha i'm just normally not on the computer at that point

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I was showin a couple ppl the new FI Q's I'm orderin on you tube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDOyLHROERc&mode=related&search=

Them sh!ts are fu(kin beastly

Still posting at 1:01 A.M.? Its gettin a little past your bedtime iddn it. JK

Gold Member

Post Number: 1568
ahh, gotta love the Q's.
great SQL woofer....period

Gold Member

Post Number: 1487
heres mines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-NrlfDII4

Gold Member

Post Number: 1569
very nice jesse, what vehicle is that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1488
89 range rover

Gold Member

Post Number: 1571
ahh nice. i used to have a 98 rover, but she was a POS mechanically and cost a ton of money to fil up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
nice!!! What amp for the Q's, I'm still tryin to decide between kickerzx 2500.1 and memphis mcd2500.1. Their 12" Q's the only diff between amps is runnin 1 ohm or 2 ohm. Plus the kicker didnt look like I could wire it w/ 0 gauge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us