OT: Need some 6.5 components

Bronze Member
Username: Fl0www

Post Number: 39
Well my friend hooked up my eclipse sw6200 sub..and blew the b*itch...he owes me now $160 so...I've decided now to go with some 6.5 components for my rear speakers they are originally 4x10's. so i've been looking at these eclipse sc8365 i saw them on youtube and they sounded really nice n clear and sounded like they had decent mid bass...i'm looking to spend hopefully no more than $300 for them..i like sound quality but i like them to thump too..for now they will run off the head unit until i can get an amp...maybe you can find me a better price on those eclipse components they're listed $349 cheapest price i could find

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
scratch that...i found them on ebay for about $260-$270...anyone ever listen to these components?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1575
not bad, there's a huge selection of components available on the market. Also I would wait to get an amp because no set will sound good off the HU.

Bronze Member
Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 34
components for rear speakers? that's kinda wasteful.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1576
you know i didn't even remember you said rear....how about nothing in the rear and all up front!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 722
i wouldn't use nothing...any true audiophile wants tons of speakers...yes you want the best speakers up front, but that doesn't mean scratch the back ones. coaxials would be fine in the back...i would spend the extra money on components for the front.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
"any true audiophile wants tons of speakers"

Um no. Any true audiophile wants tons of subs, but no rear staging. From what I've read and heard in person, coaxials sound cheap in the back. Would rather get midrange or midbass for the rears than having coaxials or tweeters in the rear.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 726
so we go from using nothing to using component speakers...i agree that components are much better, but coaxials can still sound pretty good, but just can't be overpowered in the way that components and midbasses can...most people, if they have a rear deck, don't have speakers in the rear doors...i wouldn't want to be a passenger in the back of a car with mid's and highs only in the front...it might sound fine for people in the front, but in the back, it just gives you a headache. A midrange would be fine back there but then you need to get an active crossover and blah blah blah...for the rear, just get something that gives you a full range sound unless you have speakers in the rear doors.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i disagree. most sq audiophiles i know don't have rear speakers at all and when sitting in the back, i couldn't tell there weren't rear speakers unless i want something singing to the back of my head.

the design of coaxials compromise the midbass/range of the woofer. i'd rather skip the coaxials completely and save up for a nice amp since he doesn't even have one.

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 122
yes true , i would pay more attention on front sound, you can just use any cheap speakers for the rear but remember the from would be great for set of components, try the ts 720 by pioneer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
i only have very small speakers up front in the dash they look like 2"ers...i didn't really want to modify the front so much it's an older classic car and would like to keep it that way for the most part...i'd just like some really nice speakers where my 4x10's were...i don't want really crisp sounding music either i like to hear some bass from them.

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 123
sure pleasure your taste,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us