OT: Retardedness?

Bronze Member
Username: Fl0www

Post Number: 24
So I went up to my friend that obviously know more about audio equipment than i do...i asked him what type of amp i needed for my eclipse sw6200 sub...he told me his jensen amp would work for it..i asked him if he first needed to know my voice coil and he said no that really doesn't matter...is that true or is he just an idiot?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5600
friend is an idiot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thank you much appreciated...maybe i shouldn't let him install my sh*t lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5601
do you need help finding an amp tho?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1641
yeah dont talk to him about car audio anymore.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
yea i need help...i know nothing about car audio and it's my first sub ever..it's a Dual 4ohm aluminum voice coil...sub is going into a 1981 malibu classic..i've been told to get the kicker zx400.1..i was thinking though i'd like to go with an eclipse amp if not to expensive

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5602
the zx400.1 would be solid for that sub...that sub is 350rms right?

id get the zx400.1 for it, cheap price but quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yea it's 350rms...i almost regret getting the sub though...went to caraudioforum.com and they trash talked the sh*t out of the sub :s oh well to late now...but yea i think forsure i'll go with the kicker amp now...those eclipse ones are pricey

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
was that a bad first choice for a sub? the sw6200?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5604
caf.com d1cks on anyone who doesnt agree with what all the big time people there think.....dont worry about it

they probably tried to sell you a cadence amp and a tc sounds sub? or maybe even sub from partsexpress.com (cant think of the name but its all black). im not talkigng trash about caf or those companies, just saying thats all they recommend over there. altho there are some very knowlegdeable people over there

but lets see, how much did you pay for the sub? if its your first sub then you did alrite, couldve done better probably but live and learn. i wouldnt be too upset

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i got the sub for $150 here so i didn't have to pay for shipping and all that...i woulda ended paying a little more than that from ebay with shipping and all...yea caf.com told me to get tc sounds subs never even heard of them

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3159
eclipse subs are tc sound based subs.........thats why they said get tc sounds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
if i went with another sub i think i'd go with dd or jl...for now i'm gonna just try this eclipse sub and see what i think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i don't imagine i'll have much bad to say about it...only other sub i've heard is a visonik 10" which my friend has in his neon...don't really have much to compare it to...i've heard a few ht subs...but heard they don't compare to car audio subs

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2578
I've owned the older model of the sw6200 and I liked it. It was 250rms and I could have fed it much more. If your sub is in fact 350rms go with 500 (just set your gains correctly. I've heard of people put much more to them so you should be good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
what does tc stand for in tc sounds?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1427
tiny c0cks for raising their prices

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2359
lmao thats funny. its a good sub youll be happy with it. its daytona i think is that partsexpress brand

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2006
idiot, jenson sucks and voice coils matter VERY MUCH!

wait, i mean VERY MUCH!

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 2007
jonny, haha, you still aint got an amp for that thing?

btw, its the internet, there are gonna be billions of mixed reviews on that sub, along with every other sub.

most people will bash them even if they have never even heard them.

if you wanted additional bass to your music, guess what, you bought the right item, a subwoofer! now get an amp for it, an eclipse amp, a kicker amp, a whatever amp as long as it shoots a few hundred watts to it your good.

i guess you just personally dont like kicker. like i said before, kicker amps compliment just about any speaker. plus, the zx series just looks schweet and will look good in any car with any system, IMO...

hurry up and make it the more boomer!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
no i still don't have an amp for it...getting it this payday. i wouldn't say i don't like kicker it's just that i wanted to go with an eclipse setup...but scratch that idea because they are very pricey. and i'm sure i'll be happy with my sub i've heard very few and i just like my bass :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
lol ouch yea...just looked at an amp for the sub i have...$300 if i'm guessing that i need the XA4000 for my sub...the kicker zx400.1 i can get for around $130 before shipping..that's why i chose kicker amp over eclipse...although the eclipse amp looks way sweeter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us