WTF Happened????

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 856
Alright I'm furious right now and I'm a tad bit furious, actually i'm fluckin pissed and a bit tipsy.

So we're at my buddies house doing a power hour and shiz and like a half hour ago we bounce because we had to be home at like 1230.

We get in my car, start it up, and like 50 feet from the garage, my car just starts filling with smoke, the BAD smelling smoke. SO i immediately turn off the car and I'm wondering wtf is going on.

I lift my back seat where my ground is, and it looks like my remote wires are just FRIED, like i can the see the actual copper in em, but i had to get home fast so i unhook everything from the batt and fly home.

I haven't checked anything yet but it looks like my remote wires came into contact with my grounding lug and the remote wires just melted. I was so scared i thought my car was on fire and I guess it sorta was.

SOOOOOO

When i go out to my car in the morning to investigate because I'm about to pass out, WTF am i lookin at, are we talkin fried amps, bc my install was pretty fluckin clean, all the wires wired tired and shiz IDK HOW THE FLUCK it touched the grounding nut.

DO i need to replace the remote wire or are my amps gonna be flucked up? Unfortunately I haven't gotten my smaller fuse yet, i had a 300 A outta teh Kicker PKD1 on my zx1500 and zx350.

ALright a little help would be great, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo pissed...

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 859
bump come on before i go to bed

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 872
most likely the amp will be fine. Get a new remote wire and a fuse for it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4765
if you had a small 5 or 10a fuse on the remote line this wouldnt have happend

and your amps should be ok, but if the remote was from your HU you probably blew the output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us