In dash cd/dvd player

Username: Justind2405

LA

Post Number: 8
Do the in dash 7" touchscreen models require the "brain" system like the flip out 7" dvd players require? I cant seem to find any info on them.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 473
If you mean double din models, many do not have an external brain but some still do. It depends on the model.

LA

Post Number: 10
how do you install them if they do not require external brain?

Bronze Member

LA

Post Number: 11
The clarion maxd somethin is the one i was looking at

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 474
They are exactly as they say, in-dash units. The problem with a double din unit is that you generally need plenty of space behind the dash to install them. For instance, I drive a Grand Am and while my dash opening is technically double din, there are supports and molded pieces behind the dash that would need to be cut out in order to install a double din screen (hence why I run a single din Kenwood flip out instead).

If you're talking about the Clarion MAX675vd, the whole thing looks like this. As you can see, building everything in makes the unit pretty bulky, but it means you don't have to worry about an external brain. The MAX675vd comes with the following:

Double-DIN AM/FM/CD/DVD receiver with 7" LCD monitor
Trim ring
Wireless remote control (RCB177)
2 "AA" batteries
Wiring harness (with in-line 15A fuse on constant power wire)
Preamp output/AV Input harness
Electro tap (plastic wire splice)
8 Flathead ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
8 Hex/Phillips head screws (M5 x 8mm)--each with a flat washer
12 Rubber caps for RCA jacks
Owner's Manual & Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
Warranty sheet

The amount of space they take up in the dash is why a lot of the fit guides out there are unreliable when it comes to double din units. Sometimes they say they'll fit when they won't and other times it's a simple matter of cutting out a support or two to get them in there.

If you do have room, that is a pretty nice unit. Here is what CNET had to say about it.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 475
They are exactly as they say, in-dash units. The problem with a double din unit is that you generally need plenty of space behind the dash to install them. For instance, I drive a Grand Am and while my dash opening is technically double din, there are supports and molded pieces behind the dash that would need to be cut out in order to install a double din screen (hence why I run a single din Kenwood flip out instead).

If you're talking about the Clarion MAX675vd, the whole thing looks like this. As you can see, building everything in makes the unit pretty bulky, but it means you don't have to worry about an external brain. The MAX675vd comes with the following:

Double-DIN AM/FM/CD/DVD receiver with 7" LCD monitor
Trim ring
Wireless remote control (RCB177)
2 "AA" batteries
Wiring harness (with in-line 15A fuse on constant power wire)
Preamp output/AV Input harness
Electro tap (plastic wire splice)
8 Flathead ISO-mount screws (M5 x 8mm)
8 Hex/Phillips head screws (M5 x 8mm)--each with a flat washer
12 Rubber caps for RCA jacks
Owner's Manual & Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
Warranty sheet

The amount of space they take up in the dash is why a lot of the fit guides out there are unreliable when it comes to double din units. Sometimes they say they'll fit when they won't and other times it's a simple matter of cutting out a support or two to get them in there.

If you do have room, that is a pretty nice unit. Here is what CNET had to say about it.

Bronze Member

LA

Post Number: 12
I have a f150 with the 6 disc cd changer factory system, do you know if the clarion max675vd would fit?

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 476
What year f150? I won't be able to tell you for sure, but I can give you an idea one way or another if I know the year. The issue with dual din units, like I was saying, is that even the fit guides don't always get it right.

Bronze Member

LA

Post Number: 13
its a 2004

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 477
I can give you a firm maybe on that. The Crutchfield fit guide says it'll fit, and I trust that one the most.

Username: Philzy

Post Number: 1
how do u install head unit on a 2006 ford focus,
where do u take the dash of to get to the head unit?
please help me

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1292
you prolly need a special dash kit. check on ebay or just look around, i know alot of fords are like that. you also need a special radio puller to i think.

and next time make your own thread. i wasent gonna answer but i see this ones gone by.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us