Mtx 9500

Bronze Member
Username: Cocizzie

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 39
is these subs any good? i know jl w7 is better and xxx's but i cant afford them i have 600 to spend on a couple of subs and i can get a pair of 9500's or alpine type x's or jlw6's ive done treo ssi's and re se's just trying something different im into sql mostly. anybody what would you recomend out of these subs and what amp to match

Silver Member
Username: Dreamtheater

Post Number: 171
i have a 15" RL-p for sale.. nice SQL woofer

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8154
Alpine Type R!!

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 204
9500s get loud. my friend has one. but there way overpriced and u can get just about anything better for cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 205
get a pair of audioque HDs

www.audioque.com

Gold Member

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 8157
Like a type R:-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2105
corey andre taylor

How many watts are you thinking of using?

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 40
about 1500-2000 wrms. i was thinkinr mtx 8100 or soundstream pca2000,ppi3000.1(only 1475wrms@1ohm)but hear its a good amp.im open to any suggestion,you guys help me out and gave great advise on my last system(hifonics xx hercules 2000 wrms and xx olympus 1000 wrms with 2 treo ssi 12inch subs it was real nice,so nice it got stolen.i can get the trro's local but the hifonics i had they dont make no more. the xx hercules got replaced for the xx thor too expensive now. i know you guys know a good amp for a good price. im willing to pay 1500 for two subs a mono amp and 4 channel amp. im looking for sql mostly but if it sounds good spl or sq will work i have an 1986 monte carlo super sport i still have all my highs extra battery and h.o alt please help with a new set up

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 43
anyone

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3220
2 Audioque HD3's, DD3500's\9500, and a Massive P3000.1

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8206
Nice car BTW.

If it isnt a rust bucket.

Does it have the 305 H.O.?

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 46
rust bucket my azz, im not to good with computers but if someone tell me how to post pics ill bet youll be impressed yes it has a h.o 305,t-top and in the floor full posi not slip.i have a scanner and digital camera tell me how to post

Bronze Member
Username: Sick96vtecaccord

Va Usa

Post Number: 11
I would take an Mtx 9500 over a JL Audio W7 and a type R. I only say this b/c i have been challenged by 2 people that have both a w7 and the type r and we all have the same vehicles as funny as that sounds.I put them both to shame with my 9500 hands down

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12485
^^^Its all about install....Although overpriced the w7 is a much better sub then the mtx9500 and type r

Gold Member

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8246
Corey, just get a photobucket.com and post the links to the pics. I want to see this b!tch!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3229
X2 chauncey

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3805
buy my dd 9500

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2124
i consider the 9500 a good woofer as long as its not in one of those thunder boxes (the mtx prmade boxes) those fcking suck. they are exspensive but if you feel your gtting a god deal on them get them. imo they dont have top notch sq but have good spl its a damn big woofer too. there a lot of things to consider. what amp are you gonna be running?

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 47
ive narrowed it down to these three set-ups(mtx 2 9500 12 inch with a ta81001 and ta5604)not sure if thats enough power,but thats what ill get.(jl audio 1000/1 and 300/4 with 2 RE se 12inch subs)this set-up will cost the less,i can get both amps(used)but excellent condition for 450 from a friend ,and the subs (new)for 360 shipped.for 200 more i can get 2 jl w6's.basicly 800 with RE's,1000 with w6's and last is us amp set- up(only if ikesounds have them like they claim)merlin md2 or md3 360 and 389 and a merlin md24 with two RE sx 12's.the first two are the front runners and the last one is iffy also ill try to post pics later

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 48
my bad, that us amp 4 channel is called merlin md-42 300 on ebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 3231
whats your cash limit? I would personally buy one bad@ss 15 and throw it alot of power.... have you ever heard a sub in a good custom box before? alot of people havnt.... b4 making it to forums.... but if u have nvm that..... but if u go with 2 id say HD3's to.... still right around 6-700 and deff would be better then the MTX9500's although the subs all came from the DD design.... or atleast thats what ive heard every once in a while... my thoughts on that limit would be.....

1 DD9515 (about $650 new)
2 HD3's (HD315 $339 each)
1-2 DD3500's (not exactly sure on prices but i think they are around 300ish each)
Then get maybe a massive p3000.1(450-500), kicker zx2500.1 (700), 2 JBL BP1200.1's (about 200 each used on ebay) they will all do about 3K rms (JBL's would do about 1300-1400rms each) kicker anywhere from 2500-3K and massive right about 3K

If your looking for SQL NONE of these subs will disappoint you, im saying this with confidence just because you were thinking about MTX 9500 for SQL. Its mainly SPL. These subs are either SPL or SQL subs that i listed but they all still do great in SQL installs or SPL

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 49
what are HD3's? and where can i get some and where can i get DD's?thanks for the input

Gold Member

Post Number: 3238
HD3's are audioque's top line drivers, www.audioque.com
www.ddaudio.com do a dealer search in your area, or goto Low-Hz they deal with DD Showrides and Kevin Holden on this forum are with Low-Hz.
http://www.low-hz.com/
There MIGHT be a problem trying to get the DD's unless they have them in stock or DD's backorder has calmed down a bit but i do know some people stock DD's., either way tho, the HD3,DD9500 or 3500's should do you fine.

btw i just seen the amount u were looking to spend.... id put the rest out on a 300A ho

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 51
that guy kevin holden gave me a good price on some equipment(two RD AUDIO SONANCE 12's one SUNDOWN AUDIOSAZ-1500D and SUNDOWN AUDIO SAX 100.4 for 1250 shipped thats a good price for two amps and a couple of subs im just a little leary when it come to stuff new to me as for the alt i cant find one anywhere ive'd emailed both of the places peolpe talk about most on this site multible times and never got a responce my two dry cell baterries and the 160 amp alt been holding up but i want atleast a 200 alt.as far as money ,i got a 4600 dollar check from allstate to replace the stuff that got stolen out my car but i spent 2200 on a 1991 honda accord tho so i have 2400 to spend i have a jvc kdx2 and all my front speakers just need some 6x9's and the amps and subs and a pre-amp

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2135
check out the rd audio alpha s. or the eite series or even the classic. rd also makes amps if you check out their web site...rdaudio.net as far as amps id roll with the us amps and the re comps very good setup

Gold Member

Post Number: 3241
Dominick Iraggi
dominick@tds.net
Owner of Iraggi

Bronze Member

Bakersfield, Cali.

Post Number: 52
just emailed him,but i haved emailed that place before with no reply