Kinetik..

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 768
Are Kinetik batteries deep cycle? Or would I be best going with something like a yellowtop? I was considering the HC1400 from Kinetik, but will most likely be bumpin with truck off quite commonly...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3148
For under the hood application a HC1800 will fit the bill nicely.Why do you want to play with the car off anyhow?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2091
no they are not deep cycle batteries. they are meant to charge and discharge very fast. they are really just good if you are competing and/or running music-tones for short periods. they are good if you want to have a 16 volt charge systems. so basically only good for comps

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2092
and they are not meant to be under the hood, just in the back as the power source just for amps, not the whole car

Gold Member

Post Number: 3168
"and they are not meant to be under the hood, just in the back as the power source just for amps, not the whole car"

Kinetik's techs have told me different.

"they are good if you want to have a 16 volt charge systems"

They have the HC16V for the purpose of a 16 volt setup.Kinetik's other batts (HC 800-HC2400) sit at 12.75 with the vehicle off being charged by the alt in my vehicle and I've seen them sit at 15volts before with no issues.Other people can vouch for this as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3169
Despite what I said above Kinetik reccomends charging the batts up to 14.4.And their batt line ranges from the HC600 to the HC2400 and then they have the 16 volt batt which is the HC16V.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3170
Here's a link that may help you with questions you have on those batts.

http://kinetikaudio.com/support.asp

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4612
they are also ment to be under the hood. may not be right for every application though.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2106
really? i was told and discussed our local dealer that they werent really good for under the hood purposes.oh i am not doubting they will charge at higher then 12.75. sorry for the mistake. =(

Gold Member

Post Number: 3177
"really? i was told and discussed our local dealer that they werent really good for under the hood purposes.oh i am not doubting they will charge at higher then 12.75. sorry for the mistake. =("

Kinetik actually reccomends swapping the factory batt out for a Kinetik(Of course to make money lol).They're very nice batts for the money though.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2109
yeah they are damn exp but very nice and the fact that you can mount them anyway you want is a very nice additive. looked at them but cant afford. lol. im looking at some exide orbitals for my system. i can get them dirt cheap. like 80 bucks a pop

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
With truck off: camping, school, waiting for people, it tends to happen quite a bit to me. My truck costs a shitload to run, even idle, so music with the truck off is quite common for me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3185
If you're planning on running a how powered system you better have a TON of batteries and I don't recommend it at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
700-1000wrms, + 400watt class AB amp..

That considered "high" to you?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3244
Sorry about the typo lol.I wouldn't really consider that high power,you should be alright playing for a while on a couple Kinetiks.Just be sure to isolate the rear batt from the starter batt so you're not stuck in the middle of nowhere or you can check on your voltage every half hour and see where you're at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us