OT:Protected/Licensed Songs

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1004
I downloaded the whole Crunchy Black cd from Bearshare and i went to burn it on a cd and it said i cant b/c its licensed protected or somethin like that. I was just wondering if theres a way to unlock that so i can burn it to a cd. Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 596
you have to buy bear share i know you got the free program but to actually burn it you have to buy the program

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1297
There is a program called tunebite which actually plays the songs and makes a copy of them so that they can be burned. The school I go to has this thing called Ruckus to download songs but they are all protected. But its legal to download then so I just download them and then convert them so I can burn them or put them on an MP3 player.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2926
Hey can you send me a copy of one of the protected songs so I can practice on it? Polo30@Ameritech.net

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6285
what program were you using to burn? Send me a song too. Just want to see how/why it's preventing it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
Any songs that are protected wont let you burn them and they can not be put into iTunes so they have to be converted. Thats where tunebite comes into play.

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 419
Yes ive used tunebite and it works, its a little messy though. I think were all missing the point here though, why are you downloading crunchy black haha.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2992
Ugh. No offense to anyone but but don't listen to any of these guys....... bearshare has nothing to do with it, tunebite if I remember correctly is a program that exploits the analog hole by playing back the audio on the PCs sound system and re-recording it, which results in a significant loss in quality. Not good.

There ARE programs that can remove the protection from AAC (itunes) and WMA (every other paid music store) formats. (procedures are complicated so I won't spell them out here)

However it is not possible if you don't have the license for files, meaning you can't play protected files that you copied from someone else's PC. Thats how it works for AAC, I'm almost sure WMA is the same. You can however remove the protection, with no loss of quality, from files that you bought/downloaded and therefore have the license to.

Twist if you want any more help with this catch me on AIM sometime: frequenhertz

Bronze Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 27
ha ha , forget about licenses, TORRENT DOWNLOADS!!

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 630
mininova and utorrent FTW!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 1008
Thanks guys but all this sounds like alot of work. Im just gonna forget about,the cd isnt that good anyways. F*ck bearshare ill just use Limewire.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 31
UTORRENT>LAMEWIRE....LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
I just got an email yesterday warning me about movies I downloaded off of torrents.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us