Rear speakers

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 125
Anyone know how to take off that top piece that covers them? Behind the rear seat head rests.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
Ahh i forgot to say i'm talking about in a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant. Sorry about that.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 224
a lot of times it just pops off. but go into the trunk and see what or if anything is holding it down

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
its like a foam type material not much could really hold it down without ripping. i did look tho just in case. i just wanted to hook my sub up threw my headunit.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 7576
There are probably screws holding it down.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 7577
Just unplug the rear speakers and use their wires.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Thats what i was going to do but there's no plug that i can see thats why i was gonna take off the top part covering the top of the rear speakers to see if there was anything there.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 3034
whoa!! Just wondering Jack, why are you hooking your subs up to the HU. I was able to do that with my RE8's because they're small and don't take a lot of power to move them (but the 300 watt amp makes one hell of a difference)
however,
1>IF the subs are not wired to the correct Ohms, you can burn up your HU
2>Unless they are small subs that don't need a lot of power to move (Like my RE8's for example), you will either not move them at all or at least be underpowering them big time which isn't good either

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2691
DO NOT connect a sub to a HU. It doesn't have the filter needed to prevent high frequencies from going to the sub. And it would have so little power that it would barely do anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Wolfman - i was just going to hook it up to see how it sounds because my car now doesn't have amp hookup yet.

M.S. - Ok i wont hook it up i see what your saying.

Thanks for the help guys.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2694
Hey Jack...... Glen Burnie, MD?

There's a place called US Audio there that hosts a lot competitions....... I'm gonna try and go to the next one they have.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
Yeah i know US Audio they hooked up a converter in my dads car so he could keep his stock head unit. They have some nice stuff there too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3050
yeah, the ONLY reason I was able to hook mine up to the HU was because they were wired to 4ohms, they didn't take a lot to move them, but
like M.S. said, they still had some high freq coming through.

of course now with the amp, and with the LPF filter on, its nothing but BASS BABY!!

btw, anyone else having problems here. Usually my Username and Password are already in place at the bottom, but not now...I have to put them in. guessing they're still working on the forums

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
yeah i see what your saying you were gettin alot of excursion im sure your system sounds nice too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3054
nope, I was getting a nice bit of excursion, but now...I get a lot...lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us