Subwoofer suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 191
I've been away from car audio hell I haven't been able to own a car over the past 8 months. And I need some ideas on what are some of the better "new" subs out right now. Before I left for the military I was going to purchase a DD 9915 previously before that I had an MTX 9515 and a w7. I noticed DD doesn't make the 99 series anymore is the 95 series a direct replacement?

BTW I'm looking for something that requires between 1k-2.5k rms maybe more i need to decide on a car first preferabbly a 15. Price doesn't matter b/c I will get a rather large bonus. I was reading on the DDz series but from the info I was able to gather it's not really worth getting right now?

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 447
Ron, the DD 9500 series isnt exactly gonna be the best for daily music. Unless your moving away from SQ and going into 100% SPL and competitions, which it seems your making a change from the W7 to a MTX 9515, then your gonna want something else with more quality. As far as the 9500 series, there are only a few small chages from the 9900 series. Nothing too big, but i dont know much about DD so someone else should be able to help you out more with that. P.S. Thanks for serving our country, where were you stationed?

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 193
What's the top RE sub these days in all three catergories?

I've seen FI pop up a few times who are they and does anyone have a weblink to their site. And what happened to treo and adire and I'm pretty sure I may be forgetting another one somewhere....

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 448
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15460f12c385367/shopdata/0015_BL/index.shopscript

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 195
Yeah I had the 9515 first then the w7 which i got for a trade with a bunch of amps I had. I have nothing right now though. It's been driving me nuts. I won't actually be able to have all that stuff until july i just like to get started early I've been becoming an expert on home audio latley I have to fill the void somehow lol

Not going for 100% spl yet until I find out where I will be stationed at first. I'm at Ft Gordon, GA right now in AIT I hope to go to Ft benning for awhile for airborne, air assault, and ranger school.
It's alot like college except more rules but you're almost promised not to fail. And you don't waste your money or get a beer belly lol.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 449
word..thats tight man...mad props to you, i dont think i could do it. so will you be in any competitions with your subs and will you being doing any electrical upgrades or just going as loud as possible w/o any upgrades?

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 196
So from FI the daily driver BTL woud be my best bet I'm assuming. They have alot of options and fair prices how do they compare to the rest out there

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 451
honestly man, im in the same boat u are...im trying to find out if they are the better than a dd3500 for the same price range/class and everything...but the Fi BTL is DEF a solid subwoofer from what everyone says.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 197
That i don't know yet i will definatley upgrade the alternator to at least 280amps and the wires... But for everything else it depends on what I get. Which is why I'm starting with the sub first. (sub>sub amp> surrounds and amp> car electrical system) Since the sub will require the most power I'm starting there.

The army really isn't that difficult it's getting more and more lax every month. All you have to do is do your best know when to keep your mouth shut and move a decent pace

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1300
mabey consiter an HD3. there also good woofers. I dont think they are 100% spl. I know a couple a ppl on here got um. mabey they can tell u how they sound but they deffinitly go get loud and can take up to about 1500-2000rms daily easy.

www.audioque.com

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 452
yea AQ is good also i just dont sh!t bout the HD3

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 198
after reading all this spec info i've been noticing 3" voice coils is kind of the standard now

Hey if you want to know something sort of ironic the mos I picked is a electronics techinician they teach us a whole lot of stuff that i don't really need to know for the job. I can repair and modify my own amps now and alot of these spec sheets and technical jargon actually makes sense to me now lol

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 457
thats tight man...wanna know something else ironic...i had "Jargon" on my SAT i took last weekend...and i had no clue what it meant...do now tho

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1067
id check out the btl definalty maybe look into some rd products, maybe the alpha, or HW or SHW depending on how much power your throwing to it lol, the liknk for rd is rdaudio.net i think, just hit up kevin or showrides, i thgink the alpha has more sq (more of a daily driver) than the btl. but id definalty pick how much power u will be using first because 1-2.5k rms is a huge difference lol

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 199
Anymore suggestions I and thinking DD or FI I could still use some input from those who know more about a variety pf subs out there right now

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 201
Just checked out some of the prices for RE on Woofersetc they've gone up wuite a bit haven't they is it safe to assume that the XXX is their best overall sub still?

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1107
^^^no

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 202
Which one would you consider then to be their best overall

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 661
It all depends what you are looking for. They are all better at doing different things.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 203
sql/spl

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2522
" the DD 9500 series isnt exactly gonna be the best for daily music "

You are a f*cking idiot. 9500 series is ideal for SQL / daily music.

The HD3 is also a great SQL sub. It is basically the 9500 without the cooling system, so it handles less power.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2679
^Chill out MS lol,the HD3 is a shadow of DDs 9500.It's a really good woofer but not on par with the 9500 as some people would like to believe.I agree that the 9500 makes a great SQL woofer and you can even run it in an SPL setup.You can't go wrong with a DD 9500 either way.If you want a loud and clean sounding single sub setup go with a DD 9500,that's what I would run for a SQL setup.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 487
my bad M.S. i was told that the 9500 series was for pure SPL...my apoligies on that.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 488
thanks Rob.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 592
2 DD 9112's with a 200 watt amp.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 204
what would be the differences between the 9500 and 3500 series
so i'm guessing DD is the way to go

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 205
anyone else got any info

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1201
"^Chill out MS lol,the HD3 is a shadow of DDs 9500.It's a really good woofer but not on par with the 9500 as some people would like to believe.I agree that the 9500 makes a great SQL woofer and you can even run it in an SPL setup.You can't go wrong with a DD 9500 either way.If you want a loud and clean sounding single sub setup go with a DD 9500,that's what I would run for a SQL setup."

^^ dont agree with you at all, look at the specs almost COMPLETLY the same. ask jassa ask Dj, there very similar. icewall over from ROE has used DD 3500, DD9500 (6 diff. box's) and HD3. he said the 9500 (e-series) sounds identacle to the HD3. besides the cooling, the HD3 uses 6 softer spiders whereas the 9500 uses 5 stiffer spiders, thats about it

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 206
so in this case the 9500 would be better for power handling reasons
what about the 9500 compared to the btl
as far as power supply goes it doesn't matter i'll get whatever amp the sub will need
if you guys could get some other people who know some about the newer sql to join thiss thread i'd appreciate it

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 207
come on guys get me a little more input
hd3 btl or 9515 are my choices I've never seen any of these companies subs in action before so I'm depending on you guys to help me out
how about a vote?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2739
"come on guys get me a little more input
hd3 btl or 9515 are my choices I've never seen any of these companies subs in action before so I'm depending on you guys to help me out
how about a vote?"

Go with the HD3 because according to Trey it's basically the same thing....I have heard something about the HD3 heating up very badly and I haven't seen that on a 9515.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3172
go with the cheapest, who cares there so close performance wise the average person won't be able to tell a difference, also use the search button this question gets asked like twice a week atleast.

If you want my opinion go with what JK said, get some 9115 those subs never get mentioned yet there hang with the 9500 spl wise and hang with the w6 sq wise.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 208
I would but i'm limited to using my treo to access the internet it's hard to do web searches
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us