Help me with my system plz

Username: Ghettokid19

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 1
I current have a sound system that I bought awhile back brand new and didn't have the chance to set it up because my car wasnt working, and now I decide to put it together in my ride. But my light keep dimming and I know it somthing with my alternator, but that not the point I want to know what watts amp alternator I should replace it with. So can some of you guys in here be kindly and help me out. Also, I need help knowning what type of style or size box I should use for my subwoofer because I had a friend who got some MTX subwoofer he bought from American furniture, electronics and appliances store, that is in a package that come with 2/10" MTX with a sledge hammer box. We tested out to see who's stuff was better, but his seem to be more powerful and better, I think he bought his stuff like in 2005-2006 when it came out or somthing. Please help me out here, and thanks to those who are reading my post and giving me advice :D

my sound system:
1200 watt 2 channel Keenwood excelon psx amp
2/T112 Rockford fogate subs
Keenwood excelon KVT-815 player with a cheap walmart bought cap, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 760
for 1 kenwood doesnt really make the best amps
2.u probably wont need that cap they dont do anything lol
3. look into irragi alternators or excessive amperage alts.

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 2
Oh, then do you think i should just use 1 of those sub or would u think i should use 2 amp for handling my sub? tips are nice and apprecaited :D

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 783
What kind of car do you have and what year is it? What kind of budget do you have for electrical upgrades? You looking to upgrade anything in your setup?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2430
That amp Should be fine on a stock system. Do the big three, and use some 4awg. Make sure the bat is good, and the gain is set right. And that amp will handle those 2 subs. Unless you have some 70 amp alt, you need to wire it right. Some dimming is acceptable, But if its excessive, then you will need to upgrade the alt. And a cap will only help if the electrical system is already good. It will not help a lack of amps to begin with.

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 3
hey kevin thanks for the reply i have a 93 acura integra gs, and for my budget i dont really wanna go over more then $300.00 to upgrade or anything right atm.

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 4
hey Marc, thanks for the reply also but like you said unless you have some 70 amp alt. Yes i kinda my alter is around that range, but i did some research on HO alter and there some 300, 200, 170, 160, and also 150. So which one should be good to handle the power of my system?

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 591
little personal experience here

I had a Hifonics 1206 on a premier 3002 and my lights dimmed on my stock 124 alt like crazy. Just installed a ZX350.4 and a zx1500.1 on 2 12" ssds and 4 new coax's and my lights don't dim at all. I realized it may not be great all that power on that alt, but it works so what the hell..It may not be in the budget, but I think you'd be better off with a zx1000 or zx750 or similar amps (quality, maybe not highest quality) before you invest in an alternator.

Just my 2 cents
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us