XM radio

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13043
just got the xm radio for my pioneer hu. i love the sound of xm radio. its like listening to a cd. well almost. lol.

anyways i haven't paid for subscription yet. i will do that today. you still get a few channels to try out. so i was able to listen to some music on my way to work today.

one problem though. whenver i drive under a bridge, the signal gets lost for a second or two and comes back on. if i pay for the subscription, will the signal get stronger?

thanks in advance

chad

P.S. is there such thing as a signal booster for xm radio?

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 18
I know they make some external antennas for that. I'm pretty sure the signal won't get stronger just cause you pay for the subscription. If you don't have one of those magnetic antennas that you stick on top of the car you can try that. My hu has a built in reciever it works fine, but then again we don't have very many bridges around here.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13046
yeah i got the external antenna that i put on the roof of my car.

i didn't thinks so about paying for subscription and it makes the signal stronger. lol. worth a shot.

its frustrating cause when i first bought my car, the stock hu had the xm and it never lost a signal on me. my car even sat underneath a bridge waiting for a red light and it still worked.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 19
Was the stock hu just using an internal antenna or did it have some kinda external one? If it was external did you try hooking that up to your current hu. Maybe the maker of the car had some tricks to get better reception.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13047
it has a extenal antenna as well but it doesn't fit to my pioneer 920xm unit.

its cool i guess. i have to live with it. lol. it ain't too bad if i think about it.

thanks bobby.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13048
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us