Gain

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 337
okay i set my gain today. i unplugged sub from amp. turned all settings to 0 and flat eq. gain and bass boost off
i burned a cd with a 50hz tone and played it with a dmm on one of the amp's channels.

anyways with the gain turned up all the way i couldn't get the 35.8 volts i was looking for (320 @ 4ohm) it only got up to 28 or so

the only way i got it to go 35.8 was with gain about halfway up and bass boost up. whats up with this?

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 339
i'm guessing my amp is severely underrated or something. maybe rated at like 16volts lol

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2737
measure your preout voltage on your rca's.

Silver Member

OK

Post Number: 340
5v

Username: Slimdog53185

Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.

Post Number: 6
I had the same problem. I still can't figure out where it measure preamp rca voltage though. How did you measure that 5v or did you just go by what the manufacturer says?

I just had to settle for what I thought sounded good and still gave me a high voltage output. I'm still getting about half what I should. I do think that maybe just overrating though. I can't even get the right voltage with bass boost all the way up.

What kind of amp do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2743
Measure your preout voltage. If you did and it says 5V, then I truly don't know what your problem is. You should of reached that 38V reading fast. Make sure your measuring it in AC as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2472
If the HU has loudness, is it off?

If it has a sub level adjustment, is it all the way up?

Is the LPF on the amp set at about 80 hz or above?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us