Da big three

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1238
sry bout posting another thread on this but ive been looking around for answers for like the past hour and cant find any...So

I heard that you can leave ur stock wiring in place and just add to it. So for example i would have a run of 8gauge and a run of 0gauge going from alt to batt

also...

the 3 that i upgrade are:

1) Alt to batt
2) Negitive batt ground
3) Is it Engine block ground or engine to negitve batt post?

^^^#3 is the one im confused on

thanks and sry again for the post

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2347
Engine block to ground.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2633
"I heard that you can leave ur stock wiring in place and just add to it. So for example i would have a run of 8gauge and a run of 0gauge going from alt to batt "

Yes you can do this. There won't be any problem.

As for #3. Fine a bolt on the engine block, and ground from there. Just make sure the surface is clean, sanded down, does not contain any liquid beneath it. You should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2217
It doesn't matter. Negative battery terminal IS ground. That wire is the ground for your alternator, since the alt is grounded through the engine block.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1588
yes u just leave your stock wiring... btw i have 2/0 wire for sale if u need some for the big 3

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4822
forget the engine block to chassis juzz use th ebolt from the alt chassis to the car chassis its the same but easier and more effective...

theres someting that works alot better.... use the alternator chassis to batterie negative posts.. then batterie post to chassis, then alternator positive to batterie possitive... all the big 3 i done.. this method works better

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 574
ok i was told wat chassis means isnt it motor or frame? i dont remeber. but lil rob that gets em confused when i dont know what a word means..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4824
1)alternator+ to battery +

2)alternator chassis or case or housing(theres a bolt on the alternator that can be used as ground) to battery -

3)batterie - to car chassis(car sheet metal u have to sand it to make it clean for better transer)

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1239
so i was about to start upgrading today and i fogured out that i didnt buy any ring Terminals. FU<K. well i went around to my local hardware stores to c if they had any and they all looked at me like WTF u doing with wire that big. So anyone know a good website to get some for my 1/0 wire?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4579
knukonceptz

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 205
^^^ x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts