Kicker 12" L7's

Bronze Member
Username: Chevydriver

Mason, OH US

Post Number: 14
I was thinking about getting two Kicker 12" L7's in a vented box. Would an MTX TA91002 2-channel amp be pretty good for the subs? If so, Should I get a bigger alt or a cap? Any help will be appreciated. Thnx

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 404
Those subs are good for nothing except for blowing and having great SPL if you buy them new with warranty I would recommend them but everyone else here will tell you theres better which is probably true but if you decide to get them youll deffinately need a bigger alt your stock may get the job done for a while but will die eventually so an HO alt is your best bet

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 704
what are u lookin for stricly spl, sql, or just sq?

if u dont care bout the sq, get em for spl, but if u do want sq, STAY AWAY

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Good point listen to Premier Sound but if you do want just SPL make a ported box for these subs and they will pound they can beat any other sub in SPL that is in their price range

Bronze Member
Username: Chevydriver

Mason, OH US

Post Number: 15
about how much do they usually run? Im tryin to stay somewhat on the low end of the price range but I also want a decent system. Right now all i have is a sony explod 12" and a 200W pioneer amp. Sounds really bad

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4234
get the r's.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4235
my bad^^^, was thinking of another thread. but how much are you looking to spend on subs, personally i wouldn't get them. if you don't like the way your sonys' sound then you wont like the l7s'.

Silver Member

Post Number: 720
^^^ u have no idea what your talkin bout, you mustv'e not heard both, it will take about 100 sony's to equal the output of 1 l, ive oven both and id recommend ANY other brand than sony, i bout a cheap azz lightening audio 10in a long time ago from wal-mart and it was triple as loud as 1 sony 12 i had, they are junk

and yes the l7's will put out some good spl, if u know what your doing

bye bye thread, i know its coming lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4953
"^^^ u have no idea what your talkin bout"

lol...ctmike is clueless...lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4954
ctmike, imo, is one of the most knowlegable people on this forum

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4239
haha premier, you idiot:-) did you not learn to read?

"if you don't like the way your sonys' sound then you wont like the l7s'"

where in that did i say anything of output? i believe it says something about the sound, meaning sound quality (sq).

Silver Member

Post Number: 735
ok, i apoligize i did not notice that

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
ok so bottom line if you want SPL at an affordable price get the L7s if you want SQ get anything else

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1256
I finally can vouch for the L7 being loud. I got mine into the ported box running on like 800 watts and it POUNDS...regaurdless of the poor SQ lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us