Pleyiglass install

Bronze Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 44
ok I dont know if I already asked this here or not but w/e ok you know the back part of the rear seat in a car, the part that folds down, ok I was wondering if it would be possible to remove that and put plexiglass in its place(keeping the head rest for comfort) ok with that there get my subs and put them right near the plexiglass so I can see them hit from inside the car, also what would my box cubic feet be to put 4 15" subs in a car, my trunk is 15.6 cubic foot is that enough

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4193
lose 2 of the 15s. have a shop do it IF thats what you REALLY want. a shop can cut and bend plexiglass like no one on this forum I'm sure. It WILL cost you a pretty penny though. what I would do if I were to do that is have a bent piece of plexiglass (for back arch) with cuts all throughout it to let the bass back into the cabin. choose a style. slits, flames, logos, w/e. a good shop can do it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
so bend the plexiglass to support the back, and cut slits in the plexiglass to let air into the cabin, alot of slits, also would it really make a big deal if the plexiglass is bent j/w, also you had really in all CAPS is what I'm saying a bad idea?? also love the slit idea

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
also why lose 2 of the 15" to big or what??

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 817
yea 4 15's willneed a box possibly bigger than trunk or same size also what subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
either FI Q's or BL looking for incredible sq and alot of spl, also would 3 work, if I get 3 SVC or DVC will I be able to wire them for a final 1ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
either FI Q's or BL looking for incredible sq and alot of spl, also would 3 work, if I get 3 SVC or DVC will I be able to wire them for a final 1ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
hey, I finally figured out ohms FINALLY!!!!!!!, all you do is for parallel DVC just divide however many ohms the sub is in half and times it by the # of subs and with series just X's the ohms of the sub by 2 and X's it by 2, thats right, right, I just need to figure out SVC

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4201
2 SVC subs is like 1 DVC sub. but i'm not following what your saying lol. 2 4ohm dvc subs wire in parallel is 1 ohm. series 16 ohm series parallel 4 ohm. 2 SVC 4 ohm subs parallel is 2 ohms, series is 8 ohms.

the bend was just for comfort. you need to port those subs to get the best out of them and you CANNOT fit 4 15s in there ported. 2 will probably push it idk what car it is. you have no idea how loud 2 15s ported can be.

honestly, i wouldnt even try to do this myself... and ive worked with plexiglass and fiberglass and stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I own a 97 dodge stratus 15.6 cubic foot trunk space, also I think the plexiglass will be kinda easy, all i need is a sheet of it cut to the dementions I asked right, I am totally lost at what you jaid in the first parragraph

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4205
plexiglass takes skill to cut. there are many things you need to learn. i might be able to teach ya some things later when i have time but i have to go... just a few hints... cut with a router, top speed. use a blow torch on all cuts to smoothen them out (gloss them), but dont burn it....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
couldnt I just have someone cut it for me?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4208
yes, definetly do that.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 274
wow i started a thread earlier tonight about the same thing Ryan. I want a cool looking plexiglass window so i can see the bottom half of my 2 dd3515's. im currently trying to find out the standard dimensions for an 8cu ft enclosure and my upper and lower hz cut offs for an estimate from team toxic bass...pm me if you find anyone that will make or alter an enclosure and put in a plexiglass window for cheap. good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
also the FI Bl or Q's are the DVC or SVC

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 824
2.8-4 cuft @ 30-37Hz for both Q and BL ported boxes i dunno how ur trunk is but 1 q or bl would need id do about 3 cuft times 3 would be 9cuft but i dunno how ur tunk is and how it looks u should measure it and if there a bumps and sht that would get in ther way that is were u would stop u no what i mean

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
well for a trunk mines an ok size, do you have yahoo,

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 825
no aim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts