Sound "carry" question?

Bronze Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 27
which box makes sound carry the most or is it just subs and amp that make the difference? IDK??

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 724
big subs carry better. 18" subs.

Bronze Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 32
what box carries best? bandpass, sealed, ported?

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 239
its not the subs but the vehical.my friends 10 in a civic hatchback carries forever but is ok loud in the car.my 15 in my reg cab truck in a blowthru is very loud in the cab but is hard to hear from 15 ft away.if you got a blazer,"loudblazer"an 8 could be heard from a block away,i know i had one.ond im sure ported would be louder down the block and in the truck.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11884
the size of sub doesn't really matter.
remember sound is energy, so the more energy (SPL) you generate inside the car, the louder it's going to be. How well that sound carries outside the car is simply a matter of the amount of energy you generate inside the car, combined with how poorly the vehicle is sound-deadened to prevent that sound from escaping the vehicle.

a few things to remember:
the frequency. the lower, the better for penetrating things like the vehicle's skin.
laws of energy conservation. the more you hear outside the car, the less you'll hear inside the car. you're generating a finite amount of sound, and the more you can keep inside the car, the louder the system will seem when you're in that car.
finally, etiquette. nobody wants to hear your system outside of your car, and people who drive around with a system cranked for the sole intention of attracting attention not only give a bad name to the rest of us who enjoy this hobby, but you entreat others with the urge to pass laws against car audio systems, noise ordinances, sound pollution laws, and so forth that make this hobby harder for us all.
\

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2273
livin'loud.... my 9515's in my blazer can be heard from about 5-6blocks away that i have been told from friends... maybe it goes further.... :-)

Its not jsut the size of the subs but the box designs and power the amp is getting, which will create your SPL... which in turn is basically how far your sound will be carried... just depending on how it can escape from the car.

Bronze Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 37
well i have 2 12 inch volfenhags in a bandpass box with a 250 watt hifonics amp that is crazy lound inside, but doesnt seem as loud outside. I was thinkin about sellin them and gettin 2 15inch kicker comp cvr's in a ported box. IDK??

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11891
did you read anything I typed?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1589
lmao...GW it sounds to me like he jus wants to be heard outside the car and annoy ppl, and doesn't really care how it sounds.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1415
lmao no he didnt

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 410
play low bass

roll your windows down

have something thats loud

thats it... no, really. Some vehicles will have better transfer to the outside, making them abnormally loud outside. Some will be abnormally loud inside, making them seem relatively quiet outside.

It is what it is... focus on getting loud inside and outside just happens.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us