New Subs, Treo SSI vs. Fi BTL holler atcha boi

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 225
What up guys. As some of you guys know I recently bought a Visonik 4000d. I decided to ditch the TSX's and holler at a new set of subs. I went to the treo dealer. THey said I could trade my 15 TSX's in for some 15" SSIs for a total of $250. I could also buy some 15" BTLs with an extra magnet on each for 800. Or i could upgrade to 12"ssx's for $600. Im really undecided here so i thought id throw out the question see what your guys opinions are.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
forgot to mention. I also am looking at those orion HCCA 15.2s i imagine they would pound pretty damn hard also

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
wow im surprised no ones jumped on this one haha

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1495
dont i hav u on AIM? get on there man and talk to me then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
yessir, im reluctant to buy those fi's for some reason. they are a good value tho

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5321
Reluctant to buy those FI's? Don't be. To me they are like shoes to women. Buy them B4 someone else does. I love my sub.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6803
Dont get the third magnet

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
why shouldnt i logan

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 420
if ur gonna be giving it around 4000 or sum serious wattage then get 3rd magnet if not it isnt necessary

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1309
Fi BTL all the way.

And why the hell would you ever buy a visonik amplifier? I hope you didn't pay much for that.....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4577
if yuor interested...heres some 15" BTL dual 1 with the cooling options being sold

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224345&page=4

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
300 shipped

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
i think im gonna go with the ssi's ill get a great warranty on em and they are only 250 to upgrade from the shop.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11842
very nice subs. don't expect to get too loud though cause they are sq subs. the tsx's get louder than the ssi's.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 82
Yeah the SSi's are SQ subs, and althought the TSX's are cheaper, they get louder. I would say go SSX if you wanted to get louder/while upgrading.

Bronze Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 66
if i was you i would sell the treos and grab a pair of RD audio alpha 15s and give them 4K....

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 83
If I were you, I wouldn't listen to Joel, Because that sh!t will cost you time and money.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 530
If you want your system to be done, and be extremly happy with it, go with the SSX's.

If you can't afford the big upgrade, keep the TSX's if your going loud, or upgrade to SSI's if you like your SQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
well, i am a sql fan, and the tsxs did get loud. but i think in the end they will be louder than my tsxs becuase i am giving them around 1500 more watts than I gave my TSXs. i asked they treo guy if they would bump harder and he said yes. he said they will get louder than the tsx's but will maintain better sq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4087
if you switch to the SSIs they will be much louder because of the immense gain in power. that seems like alot of power to give a SSI though. go with the SSX or BTL

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11876
the ssi's can't take alot more than their rated 750wrms. you will blow them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
this guy at the treo shop was pretty certain that they would not blow. and since its their money on the line (as far as replacing blown subs for 3 years) i am very temted to take that option. however he did say he would sell me some 12" ssx's for 600 after i turn the tsxs in. however i would have to get a new reinforced box and prsonally that sounds like a ton of work. im still up in the air however i did just make 500 off of selling my old range rover so i dunno. and for me i think the BTLs are no longer in the running just becuase i dont want to sell the tsx's myself and put together 800 bucks. i am also really happy with treos customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 542
You would be more than happy with SSX's, and you only need to come up with $100 more :-)

I gotta admit though, you're the first to say that you liked Treo's customer service.

I've heard SO many stories of bad customer service, thats one of the reasons Treo isn't recommended nearly as much as it used to be on here.

Personally though, I haven't had any problems with them. Yet.

How thick is the material on your box?
How big, and if ported, what is it tuned to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
no the ssx 12's are like $400 more. i can upgrade to two ssi 15s for 250 and to two ssx 12s for 650. yea i have no complaints about their customer service. the management changed hands a while ago before i bought my subs and i think prior to that the customer service might not of been as good. i think alot of it has to do with the shop that i go to also. its owned by the owner of treo i believe. anyway its a awesome store. its www.metroaudiodynamics.com so im pretty sure im gonna go with the ssi's

my box is made out of 3/4 mdf and is tuned to 32hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
by the way i got that amp in the mail on friday and it is a BEAST
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us