Low voltage

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 276
so i was driving my car, and my stereo can the voltage of my car... pioneer deh 6800
so it was around 13 and 13.4, but the amp i want is rated at 14.4, os there anyway i can get my voltage up?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2438
uh, no...at least I don't think so..some of the amp companies rate their amps using 14.4 volts to make them seem like they put out more power. Your car isnt supposed to put out 14.4, I'm actually surprised that its putting out 13-13.4 because the alternator is just to keep the battery charged, and the battery is 12 volts..
btw, i dont think so, but I may be wrong...I still don't know everything

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 277
wow now im worried... anybody can help?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 529
Old battery?
No battery can keep its full charge for its lifetime.

tbh though, you most likely won't notice a difference between power output by your amplifier at 13v and 14.4v.

What amp are you looking at?

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 278
im looking at a zx1000.1 and yeah is an old battery i havent changed since i bought the car... should i buy a new battery maybe a yellow top or something with more power. i wont be able to change the alt until a few more year because i dont want to lose my warranty. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 532
You have warranty still?
How old is this battery then, if your still under warranty?
Most warranty's wont be void if you upgrade your alternator, but to be 100% sure talk to one of the dealerships.
Do you have an amplifier already, or no?
What size is stock alternator? (Go here and look up your alternator if you don't already know it) [ Autozone ]

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2408
110-amp. alternator
550 CCA battery

you have an 05 altima right? The 2.5 and 3.5 altima have the same alt rating so anyways.

If its the same battery thats been with the car for the past 2-3 years, it could be the battery. To test to see if its the battery, go to Autozone and have them test your battery.

If you do decide to buy a new battery kinetik is always a great choice. although.....

if you decide to go with a optima, heres what I read some months ago.

redtop - charges faster
yellowtop- charges slower, but can take more abuse.

Also, do the big 3. I know you heard of it by now. Also, changing out a lot of the older grounds will help alot.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 279
i havent bought the amp already but i put the order for the sub today, fi q 12" dual 1
and yes it has warranty, i dont know if it covers it .
i will get a kinetic and a optima thanks.
also i would ask about the alt in the warranty is a must. also i wanna ask about the big 3 and if it avoids the warranty too. thanks for all the help
FYI is a 2.5 but good call bernymac

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2414
you mean your 2.5 altima? I like altimas, but 3.5's FTW! I'm sure you know why. Same motor as the 350z and g35, just detuned. But if you go to turbokits.com they have a turbo kit for your 2.5 and I heard it was pretty awesome. But anyways, nice car. nice and compfy.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2415
the big 3 should't void any warranties. I mean its not a mechanical add on feature. It would be a trip if it did :P.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11825
nly way to increase voltage is with the voltage regulator on your alternator, and most aren't adjustable.
you won't see or hear any difference between 13.8 and 14.4 volts anyway.
most amplifiers use a regulated power supply, so the input voltage is stepped up anyhow.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 283
thanks every1... i will probably do the big3 during summer... i have planed everything to do my amp install on one long weekend that is coming... but for the big 3 i wont have time... finals are coming
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us