To all the box builders!!

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 157
ok i am looking to have a box built. but i will let you know already that the box seems challenging. it will be a housing for 2 DD 1508's. i want the box ether carpeted or texture painted. also the port is in a kind of weird place so hopefully the drawings help out alot.Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 158
or if who ever wants to build this box for a reasonable price, they can suggest different ways to port it. maybe with round flared ports?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4766
Try firing the port into the passenger side wall...single cabs like that.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 538
I agree but put it as close to the back of the cab as possible and put it straight up and down. Would you want the entire box carpeted or just what you will see? That makes a difference in price, since the extra paint, carpet, and labor will cost more to do the back & bottom of the box. Do you have a measurement for the port size and depth that you would like. Spacific tuning? Color of carpet/paint? Spacific date needed by? Where it will have to be shipped, basic state or zip to get shipping quote. What thickness of wood(MDF) would you like? Any Fiberglass? All the answers to these questions (and more) will help your transaction work smoother. I might but I am pretty hard pressed for time so you might want to try Logan because he builds them. I think his "company name" is "Immortal Box Building". There are others and I am sure someone else will come to help you. If not I will see If I can work that in but I am sure there are others who can help. Hope that helps some. Great Choice on subs as well. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! DD = "Good Sh!t"

Silver Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 159
Sinful Systems inc.
1)Q: Would you want the entire box carpeted or just what you will see?
A: Just the parts that can be seen. front mostly
2)Q: Do you have a measurement for the port size and depth that you would like. Spacific tuning?
A: Yes 35Hz. Either slot or flared ports. I can find out the length needed for both.
3)Q: Color of carpet/paint?
A: Black
4)Q: Spacific date needed by?
A: None. Just at a reasonable build time.
5)Q: Where it will have to be shipped, basic state or zip to get shipping quote.
A: Lehigh Acres, Fl. 33971
6)Q: What thickness of wood(MDF) would you like? Any Fiberglass?
A: 3/4" & no fiberglass

i think that just about answers all the questions. the dimensions given on the pictures above are outside dimensions. those are max deminsions.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2106
Logan won't touch this one..

Silver Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 160
why not?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums