Heres my new box!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 687
well finally i will have some money this summer because i have a internship, im going to get my rl-p 12 and a new alt and finally build my new system. heres what it will look like minus carpet.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

these are all real life dimensions. the box is 2.25 cubic feet tuned to 31hz, the rl-p's new friend is the xtant a6001 putting out 750 watts, this is going into my jeep and its angled to fit nice and snug against the back wall. plus the gaps in the bottom will have grill cloth or something so it looks like a completely solid box.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2556
Down firing is ok for home audio but usually causes some type of reflectivity issue in a vehicle. In HT setups the idea is to transfer a good amount of energy to the floor so it can be fealt giving a Life-Like sensation, not the best in-vehicle. Sub firing to rear and port through top maybe better alternative? Polo.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 688
are you serious! i asked that question on this forum a while ago and everyone said it was fine. F%#$&!

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 880
Looks like a nice well thought-out box.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1230
id use it.... only way to find out if u like it is if u try it btw looks good

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 243
The port looks like it ends a little to close the the top wall. I could be wrong, but it looks that way in the pics. It should be the same distance away as the dia. of the port.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11375
my friend has 2 12" subs downfiring in a extra cab truck and it sounds good.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11376
forgot to add....his box is sealed though.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 445
downfiring is awesome i seen some great number outta downfireing box and good sq but like chad said they wasnt ported it was sealed and 3 of the sides on the bottom was closed with one left open

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11387
maybe you can port the side. if the space isn't an issue, yo can have an external port coming out the side.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 689
the port is acutally 3 inches away (4in port) should i put the port on the side, i was hoping to use this design because my sub would not be exposed to stuff in the trunk moving around and such. if anyone has any websites on the matter, please send them myway, its still in the design stage so comments are welcome but i really want this to be my last design so i can leave it alone and have my system finally complete, but as many of u know something better, cheaper will come out and so on and so on

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 690
bump

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 672
That is one of the best 3D models I have ever seen. You got some skills man.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 448
many people who downward fire subs in their car find that their system will be louder when your sub is firing towards the rear of the vehicle. if your worried about your sub getting damaged, buy a sub grill for it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11017
y dont u just do a normal wedge shaped box with 1 aeroport firing on the side ....

oh ya - A+ for ur diagram work\skills .......

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 691
yeah the port is actually going to be an aeroport, but i was lazy and didn't want to design an aeroport in sldwks, alright ill try to think of some more designs, i just wanted something out of the ordinary
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us