Car audio in home hook up

Bronze Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 70
my friend has a 15" sub and a 1000.1 kicker amplifier. he took it out of his car because it is currently in the shop and was wondering if he could hook it up in his house by directly connecting it to a 12v motorcycle battery. is this possible to work or am i just trying to fry something here?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1008
In order to do that you would need a large 12 volt regulated DC power supply (they are expensive).

DO NOT use that battery indoors unless it is a sealed battery. Regular batteries produce hydrogen gas.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1009
didn't bump

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 71
so the only thing i should be worried about is the battery exploding, but my amp and sub should be ok? or is this all just one bad idea looking to blow up my house haha?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1013
A non-sealed battery can't be used indoors. That's all there is to it.

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 72
what if i open a window? =)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 4852
Motorcycle battery? That would last about 1/2 a second for power supply. Opening a window won't help you if you short the bat out and it explodes. Just don't do it.

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 73
haha ok ok =( it would be cool to get it to work though. alright thanks guys this is bens FRIEND not him he wanted me to say that.

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 74
haha ok ok =( it would be cool to get it to work though. alright thanks guys this is bens friend

Bronze Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 76
just a few pics. not hooked up. just what i was planning. thats a 1.25amp battery charger and the battery is a 12volt, 20amp hours @ 10hr rate.
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3651/0320071916ef2.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4177/0320071917lz3.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 110
you wouldnt get that much use outa that, and its dangerous. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RV-trailer-Inteli-POWER-CONVERTER-12-volt-NEW-60- amp_W0QQitemZ280093686480QQcategoryZ50070QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the thing above is a converter from 120v to 12v with 60 amps, you could hook that upto ur amp, but you wouldnt get full power. and then buy a sealed battery and you could charge it up when ur not using it.

Username: Imi4tth3w

Texas

Post Number: 1
haha yeah i figured. btw this is the friend that used bens account. but that thing looks pretty cool i may look into one of those sometime. thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 142
my house system hits harder than yours :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 26
yeah def buy a converter, thats the way you need to go

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2014
My house system hits pretty hard when I want it to. But then again I get said when I have all the 12s at Xmax and I want more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us