Warranty

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 139
Wll im planing to get my stuff soon. im thinking 2 alpine type R and a bxi1606D at 1 ohm..., and a prefab box. yeah i know im using hifonics and a prefab box. but im going thru college and i dont have that much money... okay here is the question...
if i do my own installation in my car, would that void my 10 year warranty on my car? also if it doesnt where can i find videos on how to install the amp or/and detailed information.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 418
how much u buying the box for?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9501
if you are handy enough to install the stereo you should be handy enough to build a box. You can build one for about $30, and it will be much nicer then a pre fab.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 140
$70 shipped,the thing is i have 0 experience working with wood, and i dont have the tools. i have considered to build it, but dont have the tools. and about the warranty, would i lose it?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9504
no, unless the warranty claim was strictly because of the stereo. in that case you take it out and bring it in. There will be no evidence of you ever having it in there.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9505
home depot can cut the wood for you, so all you need it a jigsaw or a router for a speaker hole and a screw gun.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2247
the warranty will not be void

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2013
"home depot can cut the wood for you, so all you need it a jigsaw or a router for a speaker hole and a screw gun"

yes, home depot can do the cuts, but they aren't exact...I think they only cut within 1/4 either way or something like that

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 141
thasnks a lot!!!
so i will do the installation myself even if it takes me days... and about the box.. a friendof mine have a circular saw, but i dont know what to use for the circles...
do you know if i can rent tools at homedepot or someplace... thanks again.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 142
4 a BUMP!!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 800
Absolutely do not use a ported prefab box. If it's sealed it may be ok as long a the internal volume is correct, but it sill would not a a good quality box.

The general rule that I always tell people is: subwoofer installations are 20% woofer 80% install. It's amazing how many people can't understand that.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3641
id call around all of your tool/hardware places to see if they rent out tools, its worth a try.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 328
what is a router? sry for coming into this forum

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3647
http://www.discountool.com/cgi-tool/store/html/images/portercable/690.jpg
router :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Hey Why i live about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from you i can build you a nice ported box built to your subs specs for 80 and i can meet you halfway.It would sound 10 times better than any prefab box.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 151
^^^ cool let me think about it... do you have any picks of boxes you have made?

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
these are the only ones i took pics of ive done so many though i just never take pics. I can take a pic of the one in my car too.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 336
what does a router actaully do though?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us