Need bass help

Bronze Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 59
Hey guys, i recently built my new ported box for my 15" CVR and it hits the lows nicely but it lacks performance above about 60Hz.
Dance songs also sound pretty crappy since there is alot of kick bass in them and the sub cannot play them well at all. My speaker amp has its HPF set and its cutoff freq. is 90Hz. I dont want to turn the filter off so i dont damage the speakers as i have done so before.

My question is what do u recommend i add to my system to help me get those notes playing in dance songs and to fill in the gaps between my sub and my speakers?

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 60
any1?

Bronze Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 53
any idea of where your mids start at hz wise?

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 349
go to a sealed box.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 350
sorry i dident put this in the last post. i had a JL W1 12 and i had the same problem when i listened to metal it sounded like all the bass was ran together when they hit the double bass. upgraded to the W3 and put it in a sealed box and its just as loud as my W1 was but its alot cleaner and hits more varity of notes and more accurate.

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 61
All ive got is the 7x10 kenwood speakers and the sub. No other speakers.
I did have a sealed box before i built the ported one. I built the ported one after i asked for advice here and every1 was telling me to go ported with this sub...
If i add a pair of 6.5" speakers do u think they will fill in the gap? Or will they be too far behind the sub SPL wise?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1716
www.lolwtf.net

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 62
Like i know mid range speakers are not gona b as loud as the sub but as it is now i hav practically no sound between 60Hz and 90Hz
Sh

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 63
forget the "Sh" at the end lol

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1719
Yeah that's a crucial range. I'd think you could use an 8" and supply it plenty of power for that range using crossovers.

Bronze Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 64
Good suggestion... but for an 8" i will need another amp... Any other suggestions?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 351
get either a crossover or a better head unit. the pioneer primear 780 can filter out anyware from like 20 hertz to 200 on your speakers and does the same thing on the sub too. dont know the exact numbers on that though. either that or tune your box higher. or get a 10 or 12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us