Refurbed Amp??

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 265
Kinda wrong section, but I figure this will get the most hits...

What do you guys think about buying a refurbed Kicker ZX1000.1 from a good company like HifiSoundConnection? It's 290 refurbed, 335 new off ebay, or 600 new from HifiSC? Lemme know good experiences/bad experiences, should i do it?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3597
What kind or warranty do they offer?

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In... United States

Post Number: 523
well..i also bought a refurb amp before (forgot what company) and after about a week of play the amp went into protection mode. I contacted the company whre i purchased the amp from and i was told that i can send it back to kicker themselves and they will fix it most likely even replace it for a brand new one..i sent it bak and got another one but it was also a refurb in worse cosmetic condition lol (i didn't test it out yet coz my subs/hu and everything got stolen) so its layin around doin nothin but collectin dust
btw it was a 750.1 with a birthsheet of like 950

the good thing about the refurb is that u save a lot of money and i would go for it if u really trust the site (high positive feedback) just make sure u have some type of warranty with it...thats a must

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 645
I have never bought a refurb amp. But my friend just bought a refurb ipod and it is in perfect condition. Looks new and came with a one year warranty. For the most part refurbs tend to be a good deal expessially if you can get a warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 648
Didnt bump...go figure

Bronze Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 82
hifi is a authorized kicker dealer,other than cosmetics the amp is supposedly all as good as new.I bought my kx600.1 from them a year ago and its been performing flawlessly at 2 ohms.never gets hot,hardly ever warm except in the summer.no probs at all.they give a 90 day warranty.thinking of getting some refurb 12 solo's.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1664
i just baught a refurb dell printer off ebay and its perfect. won auction for 25 cents, lol

Bronze Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 27
nothin wrong with a refurb, you have just as much chance of getting a new one thats defective.

The only caveat being when you don't know *how* or *who* the amp was refurbed by.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 380
Referbished usually means that someone abused it in the past to cause problems but the amp was fixed and should be just as good as new. I would buy refurbished before used because with refurbished it has been repaired if anything was damaged where as the used is "as is" when you get it and could be slightly damaged. Can't go wrong with new, but when you see a amp that is usually expensive (like the $600 from HIFISC)and it is going for a great price brand new (like the $335 from Ebay), it is likely that it is "B Stock", which is a returned (or an item that was warrantied by an authorized dealer) item that the company refurbishes and sells to unauthorized dealers at a great price they can't pass up. And since there is no way to tell the difference, the unauthorized dealer can tell you its new, Factory sealed, because it is factory sealed (and technically is brand new) but it is actually refurbished. Not saying this is always true but you have to be careful. If you find a honest seller they will tell you or put a "B" in front of the products name or numbers to indicate this. Yes, Paul is right about looking for a warranty but again you need to read carefully because some of the warranties from online sources state that you MUST have it installed within so many days and it MUST be done by a certified car audio installer. Then you have to send them your recipt showing a certified place installed your product to recieve your warranty. That might sound OK still, but some certified car audio places won't install if you don't purchase from them or they will overcharge you because you went elsewhere for your product. There are legit warrenties but even Best Buy and other places like that still look for little loopholes they could try to use to get out of the warranty. I've seen it time and time again. Hope this helps. JMO

MY THEORY when looking to buy something: Refurbished = Fixed outside of original manufacturer or at original manufacturer ; New = New or Refurbished by original manufacturer (have to do some reading between the lines to figure these out)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us