What would be some good subs for 4 x 12's 2500 wrms

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 418
Buddy of mine is trying to put a system together. He's got the bread for for it but isn't looking to buy till spring (month or so). He drives a 2001 Tahoe. Not sure where to point him. Would 2 big 12's be better? He wants 4 though.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1489
What does he want? SQ or SPL?

At 2500 watts one would automatically think SPL, but that doesnt mean that one cant just install more of the SQ subs instead.

Just remember that two subs put out 3 dBs more than one. Four subs put out 6 more dBs.

10 dBs more equals twice the output in volume, which may require upto 10 times more power.

Its cheaper and more effective (space wise) to get one or two subs that are mechanically capable of putting out more volume, than just getting 4 weaker ones to get the same output.

Also, box design, shape, and misc tricks improve volume.

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Well he's space rich with that Tahoe. Thats why he is considering 4 x 12's. I'm guessing he wants SQL. Would 4 x SI mags be good? How much power would they need?

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
ssd 12's maybe?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 495
my 4 DD 1012as, $550 shipped for all 4. Im running them on 2500 rms and they sound great.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1510
450 shipped would be great could get em new for 600 for 4! no offense im just sayin..... need more power and a bigger box

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
He's not looking to buy today anyways. I just wanna point him in the right direction. Kinda excited about it, gonna be a fun project. I'm recommending the Orion d5000. So he will have 2500 wrms to play with.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3008
tell him to buy an alt. and a big battery fisrt

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
lol ive got a d5000 that im looking to sell too so i can be his one stop shop lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 92
goin deaf, what is dd's website?

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1543
ddaudio.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
how much for the d5000?

Yeah thats the first thing I said. If you wanna bang, upgrade your alt, and get a battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
the whole setup for 900 plus shipping or ill take 450 plus shipping on the amp. All of my stuff was purchased from an authorized retailer and have only been used since November 23rd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us