Friend help

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 305
My friend is planning on getting 2 type r 12's and a 2400d(does 1200 at 1 ohm).. I told him about fi and he said hed like opinions..would a 12 btl be louder than this?

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 417
i would def. think so because if u add an extra sub...you would prob get about 4-5 db gain....if you power the btl correct imo you should be able to get louder than a simple r...

but ive been wrong at times and if im wrong right now some1 plz correct me
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2954
putting a btl on 1200rms seems stupid

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 418
u gotta feed the btl with atleast 2000 watts rms...anythin under that would be a waiste of a btl...

if u wanna use 1200 watts..then i suggest u go for a Q or a BL....def. not a btl

Silver Member

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 307
nono my bad... i mean BL not btl ;)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1116
I would still think the more power the better on the BL... It's rated at 1500 and I'm sure it can take more. It would probably still sound nic oen 1200 watts, but that's more of the Q's range. You could look into an SX or 2 12 RE SE's They're on Ebay all the time.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1117
If that's the 2400d directed amp then you wont even see 1200 watts. Probably much closer to 1000.

Silver Member

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 309
o really? yeah hes getting a driected 2400 watt.. didnt realize they underate amps..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2958
dont know what your talking about reece unless you can back up that statement with some proof.

DEI makes very good amps and are rated accuratly he should see 1200rms from it + or - 50

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 122
my wcc5000 (orion2500d) does around 2700rms(depending on voltage.)

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 204
reese they are rated 1000 watts not 1500. a fully loaded bl is probly around 1500. the q and bl are rated exactly the same. q is more sq though. and i agree with matt i used to have an old directed 1100d and it performed very well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us