6.5" Components

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 87
Eventually I would like to buy a pair of components that are in the $150-250 level (give or take $50). What would be a good quality set to get? Also, I have 6.5s would be in the back doors, but I think I would replace them with a coaxial set and will not spend quite as much ($100-200). Then I will match an amp to whatever I choose. Thanks!

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 88
The prices are just for the speakers, not for the amps.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2811
alpine type R are in that range and sound decnet off 125rms each

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 89
OK...would you suggest upgrading the rear door speakers as well? I was reading that "rear fill" article and still do not know exactly what I should do.

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 97
Anyone? Thanks!

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2827
no personally i dont like rear fill put a sub in even if its just a small 300rms 10"

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 99
OK...if I get the Grand Cherokee that I want, I will be putting 2 15s the in the back. Would you suggest leaving the stock speakers or else a midbass speaker like the Kicker SSMB6 with an amp?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2830
no i wouldnt even bother with it, unless your really unhappy after you get the other stuff installed

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 100
OK...so leave the back stock and just run a 2-channel to the components?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2834
i wouldnt run the back ones at all personally.

iv got a 4door sedan. i run 1 12" in the trunk and a set of components in the front doors off an amp. it sounds great if your in the front seats but in the back seats you dont really hear the front good but you hear alot of bass. so it depends if you have people riding in the back alot

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1409
I wouldn ot really care about rear speakers unless you have people riding in the rear seats, your subs will overpower anything back there. As for the money, i would save all your money for the front speakers giving you about 350$ to use which can get you some nice speakers. Didn't you email me? So you haven't gotten the Cherokee yet? Better make sure you get the Cheorkee before you get too excited, lol.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 104
I would not have many people in there, other than the front seat. It would be an SUV, but I guess that doesn't matter a lot. When I hook up an amp to the speakers, I just run everything for the amp, connect the RCA to the head unit, and run speaker wire to the amp correct? I have dealt with plenty of woofers but no components. So I guess I just need to know if the speakers still run to the head unit, or they are directly to the amp? Thanks

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1410
with components you run them to an amp because they require more power than a HU can provide. You may to pick out components first and then the amp.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 114
Yeah I would do that. Does the speaker wire get rerouted from the back of the deck to the amp instead then?

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 78
There are wires that will do that yes, but as far as speaker wires, they will go to the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Gus738

Post Number: 35
suscribed ^_^

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1418
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/316587.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts