How to install Head rest monitors....

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 76
I'm thinking about buying two 7" pyle lcd monitors for my cherokee....I know they're not great but they'll get the job done for 200 shipped for both. I might just buy a cheap dvd player for them and put it under the back seat, or in the future run em to a slideout dvd....here's my problem..I have no idea how to install em and the local shop wants 250 to do it..my headrests will fit them and what not but I'm not very experienced in messing with upholstery and i dont wanna mess up the leather...SOOO...anyone wanna do it for like 100 bucks//know a good website with a how to//or is it worth the 250...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
I want to mount them inside the actual headrest flush with the leather...look all stock and everything..no cheap brackets or velcro

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 375
You'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to do the job any cheaper than the local shop. Getting the fit right, running the wiring through the seats and getting the headrests to look like they were supposed to have screens in them is a tough job. I'd say that if $250 covers all the install and upholstery then you're getting a decent deal. YOu'd have a hard time finding pre-installed monitors (already fitted into headrests) for less than $600 or so, and that's without install. Crutchfield lists a Vizualogic Set for $799.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Yea....just making sure I couldn't easily do it or find soemone to do it for less. Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 782
Check these. They also have tan headrests's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-GRAY-HEADREST-w-9-2-LCD-MONITORS-CONCEPT-HRS-920G_W0QQitem Z300073227090QQihZ020QQcategoryZ48608QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us