The xxx

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 182
so I got mine i was all stoked and i build a box which by the way is very hard to get into a bonneville. i had to take off a bounch of trim and go as far as actually taking off the trunk latch but its in and it kinda sucks like im aware its not broke in yet but still my 12s were blowing this thing out of the water. at least at the normal frequencys anything really low the xxx schools them. oh its an 18. yeah dont get just one and think it will school your 2 12s

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 569
We want to see pic

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7797
what kind of 12's did you have? how much power to your 12's? how much power to your 18?

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 184
same i had 2 type rs sealed i was feedin them an underated 1500wrms and the 18 is not broke in yet the lows are nuts not loud to the ear but everything in my car flexes i had to lay the 18 on its back obviously because it will not stand up and the type rs did so is it just that or what??

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 186
bump

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3372
what size box is it in / tuned to if u have it ported

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 187
4 cft sealed HA ported six cubes in a bonneville are you joking???

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10711
were the 12's ported??

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 188
no sealed

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7801
well the XBL motors are very very capale of hadling thw freq below 45hz but once you get above 55-60 it rolls off quick. Thats why I laugh when people say that XBL drivers have excellent transient response because it is not possible due to the design. If you had your 12's facing forward and your 18 facing up there could be a difference there because of the natural ecoustics of your car. The 12's will be louder in the 55hz-80hz range by a lkong shot whgere the 18 will desimate them below 40hz. You give one thing to get another.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3375
well then it was called a ? dont even try to start a arguement buddy. well seeing how u the xxx isnt ported ur losing about 3 db's right there okay. so u had ur type r's facing in and the xxx facing up in a trunk which im sure isnt leaving much space for air flow what so ever so your probably losing some right there. im pretty sure this is the reason most people dont get 18's in a car because they cant fit lol so they normally go smaller. But hope you enjoy the lows lol maybe u should have looked into that before you bought it maybe u can take out your back seat and put a box in there

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7803
the agressive side of Charlie that doesnt come out much:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7769
the sub won't sound right facing up in a trunk. unless you get rid of your rear deck so there is an opening in to your car. you can fire the port back.

when i had the sx 18 in my car, i took the backseat out to accomodate the box.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3377
lol james he annoyed me when i asked him a simple ? and he made it seem like i should have known the answer. thats like hey what kind of box is mine in and what do i have for subs and how do i have them wired. idk im not there and then you start asking ?'s and they just make fun of u as youe asking its annoying

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2862
we want to see pics.

but of you :-)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2578
james imo the atlas's i have pretty good transit response they don't get muddy till around 75-80hz, but by then the mids are starting to take over anyway.

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 190
if your refuring to me getting anoyed look upwards i already had said the type rs were sealed well im getting a new car anyway with a way bigger trunk i think im gona get another 18 then throw that in there or build another box and i could have it ported cuz i would have the room i opened up the pass through part of the trunk and it got a ton louder

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1291
i hope this new car is suv, cause with another 18" sub, good luck fitting 2 18"s in the trunk in a big enough ported box.

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 192
no im still gona stay sealed but its a buick roadmaster so hopefull i can just fit one ported maybe 2 sealed

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2221
just do one ported and take out your back seat and have the sub firing forward

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 193
well im just getting the new one i gota sell this car first then its mine cant have 2 cars anymore roomates b!itch if i have 2 or more but yeah.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3104
What amp do you have for your xxx?

Silver Member

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 194
its a cadence z7000

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7816
I dont think the REXXX reccomend sealed enclosures for their old subs do they? I dont believe so but I could be wrong. Hey Neo the atlas' do have the best TR out of the XBL motored subs because they are not as heavy of a cone as the avalanche,brahma,X X X. Hey CHarlie, you have a DD 9512 with a autotek 2000.1 wired par/par :-) lol

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2483
The old XXX and Brahmas had extreme transient response. They are the most accurate subs I've ever heard. While this only holds true below 63Hz, it still applies. My mids cross at 50 Hz so it wasn't an issue.

And the atlas wasn't in the same league as the Brahma or XXX. That's why AA got mad when Dan said it. BC it's true.

The old XXX could work well in sealed, ported, or AP enclosures.

Ef Adire though. The company sux, imo. No matter how good the subs sound (although they are not constructed all that well).

And I really hope we're not comparing type r's to any xbl2 sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2484
'sup James?
Remember, M mass isn't a prime determinant of TR at all. The primary factor here is inductance...and even more importantly, the XO configuration.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7826
I know Mike, your right about the Atlas but it wasnt supposed to be in the same league. Tahts what the avalanche was for:-) As far as TR up to 63 hz I had to tune my EQ to give a 6 db boost at 55 hz to have it sound somewhat decent in the upper HZ range. It rolls off so fast over 50 hz it sucks. I love my brahma MK2 and avalanche for their deep down dirty lows but my w6v2 destroyed I mean destroyed them both in the upper regions.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7827
and I agree, F Dan and adire. I bought my sub before all the contaversy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2485
"I love my brahma MK2 and avalanche for their deep down dirty lows but my w6v2 destroyed I mean destroyed them both in the upper regions."

mmmmm...w6v2. If only I could afford 3 of them...and everyone and their moms didn't own it.
I'll post my 3 substitutes as soon as I grab them. Hopefully next Friday at the latest.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7855
why do you need 3?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2486
Transfer function in an Expedition is considerably less than in a pickup or a sedan

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7779
i am very surprise at how efficient the 12w6v2 is with only 300wrms. my car sounds so clean right now.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 666
i'd like 3 w6's too

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7904
I have 3 w6v1 10's:-) I love them.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2093
I heard 4 w6 12"s in an ext Silverado.. morel comps.. sounded amazing :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2878
i didnt heard but i saw g straig of the eazy and hes ugly as hell

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2587
holy sh1t its mikechec, haven't seen you post in a long long azz time, and why are we comparing the atlas to a xxx or brahma those are 2 different class of subs.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7923
yup they are, like the name change man:-) you gotta change it back to hicksville.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2589
just for you james.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7926
NICE:-):-):-) lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2487
"haven't seen you post in a long long azz time, and why are we comparing the atlas to a xxx or brahma those are 2 different class of subs."

Sup Dustin? IMO the forum had gone way down hill very fast.
Glad to see that yall are bringing the learning curve back up. Good to see.

I agree, though...two different leagues.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Sound Splinter, RL-p 15 D4 2.7 Cuft @ 3...

Post Number: 397
mikechec9....you were giving great advice when I first joined the site. I am glad that your around to share the knowledge.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2604
not much mikechec, a lot has changed around here, LOL iremember back in the day when all the "smart" ppl would talk about stuff i had no clue about, now its useally just "is sub a better than sub b" threads.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us