New to Tuning: kicker cvr's in kicker "livin loud" ported box

Username: Zacritz929

Somewhere in, Ohio USA

Post Number: 3
Ok.. Im new to "tuning" subwoofer with their enclosures and I need a little help. Like the title says, I have 2 CVRs(2ohm) in the ported kicker livin loud box. I have heard people talk about tuning enclosures to match the subs and I have no idea what this means. I know that the subs are 38HZ.. Does this mean that my amp should be set at 38HZ?? If someone could jump in and tell me basic info about tuning and help me with my setup Id appreciate it!
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7805
if your box is tuned to 38hz the you should have your subsonic filter set at 33-38 hz. go to www.bcae1.com and read up on enclosures. While you are there bookmark it and read more if you want. it is a great site.:-)

Somewhere in, Ohio USA

Post Number: 4
Ok thanks...If the box is at 38hz and the subs are around 25hz (which is what I think they are) is this a bad thing?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7808
no it just means that it is tuned a little more toward SPL which is what they want. Most people that buy the kicker pre fabbed box loader are newbie's who are Bass heads. No offense at all I am not being a D!CK it's just who they are geared toward. The higher you tune a box the louder the box will be in the upper freq range. It is much easier to hit high #'s higher in the freq range then lower.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7809
you have to set your subsonic filter though or else you will destroy those subs.

Somewhere in, Ohio USA

Post Number: 5
Ok thanks for all of the info.. I actually have 4 of these subs but for now they are going to be in seperate boxes.. I got the preloaded box off of ebay for only $75 which is a steal. the ad on ebay said the subs were blown but i just wanted the ported enclosure but when it came in the mail everything looked brand new and the subs are in fine working condition. I think my subsonic filter goes to 15 or 25.. What would be an ideal setting? higher or lower?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us