Whats the deal with efficientcy levels?

Silver Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 124
whats the deal with efficientcy levels? Or DB sensitivity. I never understood what that means or how it applies to SPL. Can someone give me a description and tell me whether it really matters or not?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 533
dude i jus screw with mine until it sounds good to me...! its worked for me in the past.lol

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 882
if your talkin bout the sensitivity rating on the sub. It shows how efficient the sub is, how well it uses all the power supplied. More efficient subs will get louder on the same amt. of power vs. a less efficient sub.

Silver Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 126
well okay on that note why would a Treo CSX be rated at approx. 86-88 sensitivity but an audiobahn is rated in the high to mid 90's? And yet the Treo is rated better on this forum than an audiobahn? I am not tryin to start a fight I am just trying to understand this whole db sensetivity thing.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 884
b/c efficiency isn't everything. remember that audiobahn will blow after 500 watts prolly. So if u put 500 to each the Abahn would be louder prolly, but sound like sh!t. While the CSX on the other hand could take a few thousand and completely smash the abahn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us