In desperate need of help


I just installed a 2400 watt rockford fosgate amp with a pair of solo barics. After two days my car started jerking when i was at every stop light. It even died on me a couple times. My friends told me that I need to get a capacitor for the amp and that my alternator is being stressed. What kind of capacitor should I get? If I get a capacitor, will that save my alternator? I don't want to buy a new alternator unless I have to. Email me with any advice. I'd really appreciate it.

Well if your looking for a capacitor get an Audiobahn. They have the capacitor with the biggest continuous volts and it surges at 30 volts. Go to ebay and in search type in 3033887929 and that should take you to a digital 30 volt surge Audiobahn.

If you running a stock Alternator with that amp you going to fry your electrical system even with a CAP. Your trying to pull to more power than your alternator can handle. Your car needs so much electrical to work properly, and when your take electrical to supply a sterio it will not work properly you have to make up for the loss. I would upgrade your alternator and get a cap as well this could cause your elctrical system to catch on fire also.

You should get a H.O. Alt, because a Cap isn't going to work maricals. I would say use a RF CAP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us