My system..... 150db :-p with PA!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 700
Hahahahaha i just got done with doing a SPL test on my system and i was hitting 149.9db with my 2 Power Acoustic 12' Mofo's getting 1350rms each from my Earthquake PHD5000 @ 2 ohms in the custom box i made :-) did i do a good job.. or should it be louder for about $1200-$1300 in stuff.. i mean the subs.. i thought were garbage but they are doing this daily... i was listening to Mike Jones - Pourin Up when i got it tested, then i tryed From cashville to texas - mike jones but i didnt hit higher but just about, i need to tweak settings a bit more and go back to get it tested again :-p

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1404
Use test tones instead of music!

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1489
Are you using a TL on the dash though?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 702
the meter was on the dash board as far us as it could go, i tryed a a few test tones to but didnt record waht those were hitting at, for the most part i was testing songs that use bass lines like what i basically listen to so i know what it is hitting when i am listening to it. :-p but is that good or no?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6474
you should enter bass race comps. with that score you can win.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9633
^^^X2

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2311
yeah i belive those sub hit over 150's easily but try to put a 30-40hz tone and see wat happend mofos are ment to get loud at higher hz

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 638
lil rob post your pics again..i wanna see something..no better yet.. show me the link to your video on youtube.lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1354
what kind of mic was it? for some reason that score just does not seem right to me.. especially on the dash. if it is actually a legit score you could win in bass race

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7541
good job man.

either way. i bet it is loud:-)

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 704
the score is legit, he tested it 2 times i tryed it at lower freq and it is just about as loud until i hit around 25hz or lower but when i over power then more then 1300rms~ each at the lower freq. i get the "popcorn" effect lol so i didnt turn the amp to high during the tests(i mean turn the HU volume up) just to my daily driving level

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 705
once i sound deaden my ride should i get a noticble change (without using meters)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3583
that is a good # for the equipment used...but i kinda have to raise the BS flag.

sorry man...not trying to be an @55.

149.9dB on the dash w/ that equipment would take ALOT of work. And from your profile, it says you have prebuild boxes tuned to 47hz or 57hz.

And if you hit the same # at lower frequencies...(you said it was about the same all the way down to 25hz)...that cant be a legit #...at least not on the TL (legal).

I bet its loud...but not 149+ on the TL 'loud'.

If that was an AC mic...yes 149 is VERY possible, but i really doubt it on the TL.

Good job anyways man! Any pics of the install?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2772
ya i agree ^^^^

but nice job man

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 2320
told ya

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3082
marshall is the TL guy...

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 706
its not prefab boxes no more i never updated my profile, but if you read the forum alot u would have seen that i posted pictures of the box i built, Its about 2.5cu X2 box tuned to i believe 40Hz the box is a giant i dont no what a TL is? or AC mic? it was just some box he had with a mic and the it had a bunch or red led's that made the number but again, it was on the dash

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3695
thats not a TL meter...
and I was holding the BS flag all along while reading... lol

put ur system on the tl and u wont even bassrace 30-40... lol

also those subs would blow with a REAL 5krms... how many batts do u have and alts?

:-) just got to tell it straight man.....

Silver Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 112
Upload

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 708
haha well wtf, if im not really hitting 149.6 i want to go get my money back for the bs test and YES i am getting a TRUE 2700rms~ to the subs i have metered it all and everything, 200A alt, 1 yellow top, 1 redtop, and 0gauge, 8guage speaker wire, and such.

Silver Member
Username: Kickdoor

Post Number: 113
http://www.termpro.com/storefront/Page605.html
thats what you need to get the legit dbs score

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3699
yea, 1 yellow and 1 red aint no where near enuff power to power a amp to produce 5krms...
yea it turns the amp light on and plays.. but clamp it and tell me if it puts out anything near 5krms with ur 200a alt and 1 yellow and 1 red... lol :-)

u should also ask for a refund... a Term LAB mice (TL) is mounted on the windsheild and uses a ethernet plug to connect the mic to the termlab unit, which is then connected to the computer through a usb port... with the software running! it is the only acurate way to measure pressure!

so u can minus 10-15db + from ur score....

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 709
B i dont think u read some of this right, I am NOT getting 5Krms I am getting about 2.7Krms if i give the subs anymore they wont take it to well

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3589
The the SPL meter you used was a box (black or grey) about half the size of a microwave and had a line going to a mic that was placed in the vehicle?

did the box look like this? (but without the big display in the back)

http://carjamz.com/store/images/SA3055.jpg

if so, thats the AC mic.

and was mic part that was in the car like the one on top of the box in that pic?

Thats the SPL180 SPL mic...depending on how long it has been since its last calibration, they read anywhere from 3-8dB higher than the Termlab. So you are prolly doing ~143-45 on the TL.

Thats still a pretty good # w/ that equipment!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us