Clipping but not from amp?

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 131
alright i still have my stock head unit. i havnt had enough money to buy a new one since i just put a lot of money into my jl audio amp and a road trip. but anyways i have the gains set correctly and i still feel that at high volumes my system may be clipping. no i still have my factory head unit. i know i know i should have gotten an aftermarket before i even installed my stereo but i dont want to go with a half assed job. im looking into this one http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17188

anyways since i still have my stock head unit in could it be sending my amp a clipped signal at high volumes? also what head units send very little clipped signal to the speakers any good brands out there adn the one i posted would that one be a good pick for running a system on to? thanks for any input

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 430
Why do you need a screen, just get somethin like Alpine DVA 9861, one of da best

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2107
to let you know, you can send a clipped signal from any hu. imo if you have the room then get double din hu with screen, everyone has a flip out and yours' will definately be better. look into pioneer premier, alpine, clarion, and some panasonic and jvc's are nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us