SQ setup...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 258
ok, so im leaning towards SQ now kinda, at least my mids and highs... i am totally jelous of my brothers stereo in his powerstroke, it sounds like you are right there in concert... he has all mb quart as far as i know, and all his power is MINT condition old school rockford amps. well can i come close to that with all alpine type r 6.5s and tweeters? i am going to amp all of them with 4 channel amp. i think some of the awesome sound comes from his crossovers or eqs or whatever, ive never ran either eq or crossover, know nothing about them... how do i get that "right there in concert" sound?

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 335
a nice head unit is a good start. how much you got to spend????

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 262
well i guess i could get a head unit too... i already own the panasonic cq-c8303u, for eye candy... i have seen the copper body head units, that is supposed to be the way to go... my brother has a really nice eclipse head unit... i dont plan to get a head unit anytime soon really... today i will dynomat and polyfil the doors and amp the speakers, which do i need to fine tune the speakers, a crossover or eq? what is the difference in both of them? which do i need?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6696
for that up front imaging you are going to need a EQ and a head unit with Time correction. It cost's a lot of money to get imaging that natural in a tiny box of a car. It takes money, you get what you pay for. MB Quart is nice stuff and you wont get that with those type r's in the set-up you want to run.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1056
the type rs really arnt that bad i got a pair for 130 shipped and was actually ipressed with the sound giving them alot of power. but if you ahve more money to spend on better speakers i would.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3201
Kick Panels :-)

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 274
What MBQ's does your brother have? Actually it's not that hard to beat MB Quart in SQ, their mids don't blend with their highs well enough. However, if you want to beat his SQ, you have to go with something a bit better than those alpine drivers. Start step by step, first is a good head unit with burr-brown D/A converters, dual 24's would be nice. Look at Alpine and Pioneer, the last one would be better value for the money, however, I have always been a fan of Alpine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us