Do you think my memphis can take it?

Silver Member
Username: Mygame5982

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 516
i have two twelve inch memphis power references powered by a cheap "1200"watt mdx amplifier it pushes them...i was wondering if i can get one more and strap one to each speaker? do you think they can take it..oh and i have a sony amp pushing my door speakers if that helps...

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 313
The PR series 10" 12" 15" are all 250RMS each.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1148
why didnt you get M3's?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3578
i played my pr 12s dual 4s at 1 ohm on a memphis 1000d, which does more than 1200rms I would say...
and they wanged hard! people thought they were 15s.... thats untill I clipped the hell out of the amp, with NO HO alt... :-(
I know for a fact, the pr1000d memphis is stronger than that mtx amp bs.... so yeah... it can take that amp! just make sure there is no clipping/...

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
Some guy that works at a local car audio shop is running 4 15" PR subs on the memphis MCD1000 know problems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
Are you talking about the PR1000 or the MCD1000.

And what MTX amp are you talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 211
yeah i know a dealer who puts 500watts per 12" pr sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
Is he using the PR1000 or the MCD1000.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
i actually have 2 12" prs too, not usin them anymore though since i got arsenals now

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 517
dang.lol they can take a 1000wattrms beating?lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
that would be a yes..i personaaly ran mine at 300 a piece but i have heard 2 12s in a ported box powered by a mcd1000 and they were loud and sounded pretty nice too

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 519
mayne thats tight..i thought they would "pop" with that much power..how much does that audiobahn amp run? what other amps do you all suggest to push them harder...hey grebnereon give me your two so i can have four.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
haha...they wouldnt be free.....and plus you can buy em for $50 somewhere online, not sure where but i remember sein it

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 520
so what amps do you think can "push them to the limit" without popping them??

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
you know that dealer i was talkin about ... he told me that he won some kind of national competition with 28 pr 12s in an astro van a couple years ago...thats crazy

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
id just go with the pr1000d or the mcd1000...i doubt thed take too much over that, something around 1000 watts rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
you dont have an HO alt do you???if not i wouldnt go over 1000rms, or youll clip the amp to death...like B

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 523
naww i dont have a ho alt! so they want pop?? i think im going to try it..what do you mean the amp will clip?

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 525
naww i dont have a ho alt! so they want pop?? i think im going to try it..what do you mean the amp will clip?

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
basically, ur car cant provide the power that the amp needs, so it causes the subs to kinda cut out cause the amp cant power them sufficiently cause ur car cant power the amp. this happens at higher volumes normally, and on the notes or whatever that take the most power

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 526
oh..cool..cool what amp you had pushing your references?

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
this is hard on everything, car, amp subs etc. its kinda "known" that you shouldnt go over 1000watts rms without an upgraded electrical system....but it differs from car to car

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
power acoustic 1200 somethin....it was 2 channel, 300watts rms per channel but im sure it didnt even do that, probly like 275 or 250.....not too good of quality amps..i never had any trouble though and they are cheap as hell

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
The PR 12" are 250 watts RMS each the MCD500 is perfect for those sub not the MCD1000 to much power.

Silver Member

H-TOWN, TEXAS US

Post Number: 529
lol..B said he was running his on it and they could take it. but idk thats what they said

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
My brother roasted 2 PR 15" on a MCD1000 in two weeks. The PR series are there entry level subs. But he didn't know that at the time so he put them on the MCD1000 and roasted them.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1884
i was just looking at those same subs today while hanging out at an audio store. i was told to not put any more than 400wrms to a pr.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us