Dd 3500 15 or Si mag 15

Bronze Member
Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 72
ok this is a hard choice im looking for a sub that has way better sq than the w7 and i heard the mag is rouhg on sq and i heard it will get louder than two of the mark 2 brahmas if the setup is right. but im also looking to get low bas also with my setup so which sub would give me better sq than the louder and clear than two w7 and louder than two mark 2 brahmas and wich sub would get low like the two brahmas? which is the best one to go with i need a truthfull answer?(someone with expo with both subs please)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8995
"i heard it will get louder than two of the mark 2 brahmas if the setup is right."

Any sub will...

and are u asking which 1 of these subs would be louder then 2 w7's???

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 73
yeah and just as clear? and which one gets very low

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8997
wow...thats gonna be really hard...also imo w7 dont sound that great.

what size w7??? if they are fully powered in a nice install...u will not stand a chance.

how much power do you have..for ur sub??

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 74
well im getting a p1500.1 cause i was told that the mag 15 is has lots of sq and gets louder and clear than the two brahmas. i was told to put it in a vented box and tune it to 27 hz and im wondering if it would be clear like the 2 w7 13 cause they are very clear lol and will the mag get low or is it best to go with the dd which one do you think?

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 75
well i also heard the mag is one of the best subs when it comes to SQ is that true?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9008
yes the mag is one of the best sq subs i have heard..if you where impressed by a w7 then the mags will blow u away..

but in spl there is no way they will be as loud as 2 13w7's fully powered unless they are running free air..lol

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 76
nah this guy has a crappy setup i tried to tell him to wait until i talk to one of you guys but he was so happy that he had those two subs that he didnt and got a small box and i dont think the amps are big enough. but with the one maag i will get the two brahmas in spl sq and low bass? and will it get a re sx 18 in anything?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9017
u have to be more specific...

what type of brahmas are they??how much power are being giving to them???

what type of install is the sx in?? how much power??

im asking you alot of ?uestions because it seems like someone mis-guided u...

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 77
ok they are the mark2 brahmas in a 6.2 cube box in a 2000 honda civic and they are being ran with two element design 9.1 amps

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 78
and it they are tuned at 27 hz

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9021
lol...u will not stand a chance. in spl...and u had to say the best brahma ever made didnt u...sq will not be that far off...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6032
he prob talked to Ben about the Mags. lol

i think he should get some Q's or CompX's, or something along those lines.

didn't we already go over this????? :-)

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 80
yeah we did muddy lol but im just trying to be sure that im going to murder him with whatever i get in all catogories and that is what im trying to do get the rough setup that will murder him with out having to get the h/o alt just yet (and yes im going to get one guys) someone please give me a setup that will murder his

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 788
whats your budget? could go as far as the DD 99zs.. lol. looking for the cheapest route check out the FI Qs..

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 81
if i go with the dd99 im going to have to upgrade my alt right if so i just waisted my money on this 4gauge knukoncepts kit and with the fi q what are they like and im really looking at like $600 to $650 on my sub or subs that is going to murder this man setup and i know yall not going to let me down and i know he has the best ones but im trying to murder him

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9031
u will not murder him..without a proper electrical system...sorry

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 86
you guys are takeing me all over the worl first i get i can get him with out the h/o and just upgrade my big 3 now im getting i wont who knows the real freaken truth man gees im about to say f*** it cause no one can give me a real answer

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1819
you will not beat him on stock charging system. upgrade it.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5650
doing the big 3 upgrade on the stock alt may improve current flow but it won't create more power from your alt.

chauncey couldn't have said it better.

Bronze Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 88
k thankx chad ok now i have a ? for you CHAD cause it seems chauncey think im a guy working in one of these type shops looking and dealing with subs alday and know what im talking about i know a lil not alot though ok but any way i see you have a re sx 18 is there a 15 out that will beat that sub in every thing (low bass spl and sq)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5653
you mean a 15 inch sub that will beat my sx18? no way. my sub is the ultimate. lol. jk.

there are many that can beat my re sx 18. even a re sx 15 in a right install can beat it. also let me tell you the re sx don't hit real low. i've seen many subs that hit much lower. sx is geared toward spl more.

i've heard a couple of installs with 2 13w7s and my sub system isn't far off. i am not louder than them but i come pretty close.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 465
HEY .. Mike u didn't accept the truth and u want it , You HAVE to UPGRADE your ALT ..

thats the 1st step .

2nd .

You can get (2) 3500 from DD's . or just get one 9500

but i would say (2) 3515 would kill these JL's .

Chad would give u a good opinion , chauncey , MuDDy too

MuDDY has 2510 from DD's and i have 2512 . its really loud .

We are trying 2 help u .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us